Technique for starting from a standing stop

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
I'm late to the party, but can you replicate the sound at 2,000 RPM in another gear, like fifth? This would indicate if the engine just doesn't like laboring at 2,000RPM. My 2009 can be a tad rattly pulling away if I don't wind the revs up a bit, but not as bad as yours has been described.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I'm late to the party, but can you replicate the sound at 2,000 RPM in another gear, like fifth? This would indicate if the engine just doesn't like laboring at 2,000RPM. My 2009 can be a tad rattly pulling away if I don't wind the revs up a bit, but not as bad as yours has been described.
Thanks for the idea. I'll try that when it warms up a bit. Likely next week [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

technotony007

Marvellous !
Bike
2005 Pan Euro ST1300
I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this question but here goes:
We bought our '05 in early Sept. I'm coming off a Triumph Tiger 955i.

I'm trying to figure out if there's something up with the bike or my technique.
Starting out from a standing stop, engine fully warmed, if I keep the engine around 1500 rpm or so all is good, smooth pull away, no noise, nothing.
If I increase the rpm to about 2000 or so there is a real clatter, almost like I'm lugging it. Above 2200 rpm or so it's a bit quieter.

It seems illogical to me that I can pull away away at 1500 rpm without any noise, yet 2000 rpm sounds like a bucket of bolts being rattled.
I adjusted the counter balancer alignment and it made no difference.

Any suggestions?
sounds like possibley a baffle in the exhaust, or something bolted to the engine.

have a good spanner bash around the bike , its suprising how things can work loose,

Top Bottom