I just bought Gerbing heated glove liners for 35.00 from eBay

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
It is this vendor https://www.ebay.com/usr/hnh-overstock?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
When I measured the circumference of my hand for my size it was supposed to be large, I ordered xl and that was a good choice.
To my surprise, a Y harness and cable to connect to the battery came with it. Fuses too.
The gloves aren't too thin, so if you don't already have oversized winter gloves you may have to purchase larger gloves to work with these liners.
IMG_20171027_160205.jpg

Bike
2006 Honda st1300
Thanks. Just purchased a pair. With my heated grips, heated jacket and pants along with my Joe Rocket motorcycle one piece suit, I should be toasty warm.

OP
OP
moddy

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks. Just purchased a pair. With my heated grips, heated jacket and pants along with my Joe Rocket motorcycle one piece suit, I should be toasty warm.
Well done, glad I could help. Quite honestly, I was surprised to see them at that price and by who made them. If I wasn't working on my own prototype heated sole, that I'm close to finishing and able to share with the DIY community, I probably would have purchased is heated soles for 35.00 as well. I know!! It's ridiculous, compared to the 60 - 70 dollars I see everywhere else.
So it's not completely secret about the prototype heated sole I'm working on, it's not the first time and I think a previous attempt is already on this site. I am using Beadalon, a long ago material used as a resistance wire, used in other heated elements for gear, you wouldn't expect. It's meant for beading wire, necklace or bracelet, that sort of stuff. But the 26GA in particular is about 6 Ohms per foot. An additional barrel connector is needed for the electrical supply.
Knowing that, and the ability to sew the wire onto very inexpensive fleece with a zig zag pattern, then hot glue or spray adhesive your sewed wire fleece onto a 2 dollar pair of foam inserts from the RX department in the grocery store and you have a removable heated insert. for about 8 dollars in material. So as to not hijack this thread, I'll post the heated sole link, to the thread I make to share my sole.

OP
OP
moddy

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks. Just purchased a pair.
OH AND, I put my gloves on my wife's hand last night and plugged them in, subsequently ordering her own pair, same deal 35 clams. She runs cold and more of a challenge to keep warm on the days I wouldn't use electric heat assisted devices at all. Otherwise, I wouldn't be on about heated apparel at all. But others have important needs to continue to ride as much as they'd like.

OP
OP
moddy

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Is the connector the same type that Warm N Safe uses?
I don't know, but my measurement of the glove 12v connection inside diameter for the barrel connector is 5.56mm, measured by caliper. Here's a picture. I didn't think to Google it either, that might show that it's compatible.
IMG_20171028_130133.jpg
My barrel connector measures 5.43mm, which fits inside the 5.56mm inside diameter. If yours measure the same, you're set.

Top Bottom