Cooling...rubber mat under carbs.

Bike
98 ST 1100
How important is the rubber mat under the carbs? I found it lying on the floor after installing the carbs. Do I really need to pull the carbs?

Bike
VStrom 650
How hot is it in Wisconsin?
You will probably notice more heat from the engine and I presume one reason it is there is to stop/reduce fuel vapourising.
It's your call?
Have I spelled vapourising wrong?
Upt'North.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
That's a tough break, but Honda engineers thought it was important enough to include it in the design, so . . . .

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I think I remember doing that. Carbs came off again.

Also cut another mat, for possible use in the future, out of some rubber roofing material. Not sure if that's an appropriate type of rubber for around a hot engine though.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
>>>> How hot is it in Wisconsin?
You will probably notice more heat from the engine and I presume one reason it is there is to stop/reduce fuel vapourising.
It's your call?
Upt'North. <<<<

You UK types use entirely too many vowels in your words.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
How important is the rubber mat under the carbs? I found it lying on the floor after installing the carbs. Do I really need to pull the carbs?
Very Important , IMHO. Time to pull those carbs (again). It's easy after the first time. Get a longggggg screwdriver to reach the screws on the carb "rubber" clamps. It won't take long at all. Don't feel too bad.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
Good move!! If I was you and I didn't replace the mat, it would worry the heck out of me. Gotta treat these '98 ST1100's with TLC.

Bike
2010 ST1300
>>>> How hot is it in Wisconsin?
It's your call?
Upt'North. <<<<

You UK types use entirely too many vowels in your words.
And not enough ZZZ's

Top Bottom