Anyone has experence with these ST1300 adjustable lowering pegs?

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
I saw these on Ebay.com. I have MCL front lowering pegs already. But I have to turn my toe in to shift, this stresses my arthritic left knee. For some reason I could not copy and paste the product link. I hope the picture will do. I just wonder if anyone has any experience with it. Thank you in advance.
Kenny

Attachments

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Maybe this will work. They don't appear to fold that I can see.

Hm.
[FONT=&quot]This part is not compatible with [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2010 Honda ST1300A ABS.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Looks to me like the 'fork' on those (where the hole is) is your pivot for the foot pegs to hinge upward should you lean over far enough to drag them. The eBay picture shows one peg pointing toward the reader - this is the left side peg, not the right. Flip these around mentally and the rounded cut on the 'fork' will allow it to pivot up. Since these don't bolt to the bike, but the pivot pin is held w/ a cotter pin I don't see why they should not fold. I would be concerned that as the peg is rotated downward (as you adjust them for longer legs) they also move backward. Your heel might hit the center stand (left) or passenger's footpeg. Most of this is speculation.

When you installed the MCL pegs, did you adjust the shift lever and brakes? I'm not familiar w/ the MCL pegs, so it is possible that they offset your feet outward resulting in a problem for you, regardless of the shifter or brake lever's position.

OP
OP
ST460
Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
ST Gui, yes, that is the same vender. I am quite confident that they will fit the ST1300. From the picture, they look like they will fold up if it is stalled correctly. That is to install with the round side up and with the factory spring.
Kenny

OP
OP
ST460
Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
SMSW, good observation, yes, I agree, the round side should be up. Many eBay venders have no idea what they are selling, and many oversea fabricators have no idea what they are knocking off and how they are used. Buyers beware is my motto.
With the MCL peg lowering kit, I adjusted both brake and shift levers. The included instruction was very detailed. Both controls were lowered to suit. By fluke, The ground bent the brake foot lever out when I low-sided the ST years ago. I left it that way because it matches the ball of my foot exactly. Unfortunately, my arthritis is in the left knee only.
My concern about oversea products are their quality. Last thing I want is the peg breaking off during a spirited ride.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
By fluke, The ground bent the brake foot lever out when I low-sided the ST years ago. I left it that way because it matches the ball of my foot exactly. Unfortunately, my arthritis is in the left knee only.
My instinct was to be funny and suggest another low sider on the opposite side - but I'd not wish that on anyone. I wonder if you could take a short piece of pipe (maybe a pipe nipple?), remove the rubber from the shift lever, drill the pipe for a setscrew*, tap the hole and then slip the pipe over the shift lever. Tighten the set screw and you have extended the shifter an inch or two. Rubber hose over the pipe to cushion wear on your boots. Just an idea - I don't know if it is even a reasonable idea. Since I like making and fixing things I'd try it in a second if this were a problem for me. And of course I'd have to let the bike down on its left side slowly to see if the new extended shift lever would touch down.

*maybe two or more at 90 deg to each other.

OP
OP
ST460
Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
SMSW, don't hold back being funny. I low-sided on the left at the beginning of the same year as I low-sided on the right. It was an expensive year, the two repairs cost all most as much as the bike. I was relatively new to ST. I was intoxicated by the ST power and capability. I didn't have enough respect and the skill for the roads and conditions. Anyways, that was another chapter.
I thought about extending the gear shifter. I even bought a 1/2" x 2" threaded rod connector to try out, but I returned it. An extended shifter will touch down almost immediately after the peg does. That might pop it into another gear when you really don't want it to. You see, my ST is lowered by 1". So everything is closer to the ground. Didn't want to take the chance. But it is a very good suggestion.

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
I have similar pegs that I bought 3 bikes ago and keep moving them from bike to bike. Mine mount where the OEM pegs mount and use the pin, spring, washer and cotter key. They fold up but not all the way. The beauty of mine is that they are indexed with a series of holes that are not visible and the peg can be lowered and raised and moved forward and back. Now granted it is one motion to do that but it is to me worth the few dollars they cost. They are well machined and I have had no issues. Mine also do not have that aggressive of knurling on the peg.

Top Bottom