Internet Discount Tire Sources

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Been a few years since I last ordered tires off the internet.

Who is the current tire vendor who has the best reputation for price, delivery speed, and service after the sale?

Bike
2000 ST1100
Once i decide on a brand, i shop for the best price on that particular tire. Then when i order, i make sure it's in stock, ships within 24 hours of my order and ask any other questions i might have. I've never cared from what vendor i purchased from. I also look at the date code before i install to make sure it isn't an "oldie" that has been sitting around, but all the tires I've ever purchased have been current. Chunk.

OP
OP
Mick
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Thanks. Just ordered from RM ATV.

Seems to have the best price for the tire I wanted.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
I have always had good luck with Jake Wilson. Order one day, the tires are here the next weekday. Plus, you accumulate loyalty $.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I used to like Partzilla, but lately their prices seem less competitive. Although they'll still ship free, due to their recent merger with Cycle Gear (which has brick and mortar establishments in California) they now also have to charge CA sales tax. So far internet sellers with no establishments in California, like Rocky Mountain, do not have to charge CA sales tax.

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300
My last couple tires have come from Dennis Kirk. They had the tire I was looking for in stock and I had it next day. There main shipping center is only about 150 miles from my home.
Before that I had purchased and had good service from Motorcycle Superstore (even when I screwed up).

Bike
R1200rt

Who is the current tire vendor who has the best reputation for price, delivery speed, and service after the sale?
good luck with service after sale. Most places will not talk to you if you didn't buy and have them installed one of their dealers.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Other than Avon, no one offers a road hazard warranty anyway so I don't see the advantage. The only tire I ever had an issue with was one of those original Dunlop road dumbs that threw a chunk of the front tread and went flat. That set was won at a raffle anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pumper316

SaTx Speed Demon!
Bike
'04 ST1300A
I used to like Partzilla, but lately their prices seem less competitive. Although they'll still ship free, due to their recent merger with Cycle Gear (which has brick and mortar establishments in California) they now also have to charge CA sales tax. So far internet sellers with no establishments in California, like Rocky Mountain, do not have to charge CA sales tax.
I think you meant to say 'Revzilla'.

STOC #
Kinda surprised @ the Rocky Mt recommendations. I had trouble with them twice, they sent the wrong tires. Twice for two different bikes. Returning tires the first time was so problematic laiden I just ate the second set. My state is now collecting internet sales tax so those days of no sales tax savings are over.

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #

I'm getting ready to order a set of Michelin Anakee III's for my V-Strom. And I've been checking the net. However Dennis Kirk (who I've bought from before)
still has the best price and quickest shipping of the other suppliers.

Good Luck

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
The last time I ordered tires from a tire or parts warehouse was by telephone, before I ever had internet service at home, back in the 80's and early 90's when I did my own tire changes (without a tire changer). Once I quit doing my own tire changes, I started buying them and getting them installed locally. The past few years I have bought tires from a nearby Cycle Gear and having them do the install and balance.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I bought a pair of Angel GT's from Jake Wilson this summer. The tires were within a year of being 5 yrs old. After kicking this around, I returned them (I paid the return postage) and called Revzilla. Their service was outstanding , the tires were a year old and they matched Jake's price, even though their posted price was around $100 more than Jake's. Revzilla says they will match any legitimate vendor's online price.

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Revzilla is my go-to vendor for tires - fast and free shipping and a great return policy.
But on my last purchase (Bridgestone T30evo rear), Jake Wilson beat Revzilla's (already good) price by a lot. Revzilla couldn't price match it, so they said go ahead and order it from JW - and I did. Was very pleased with the quick shipping and price from them.
But, when I looked at JW for the T30 front, they didn't stock it :confused:. So ordered that from Revzilla.
Revzilla is my go-to first vendor for nearly everything bike related. Very happy with them.

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Motorcycle Superstore, Dennis Kirk, Discount Moto Tires are my go-to stores on the internet. I compare among the three - they're usually within a few bucks of each other. All three have same-day or next-day shipping, they all drop-ship from fairly local warehouses, and they all have no-cost shipping. They all run occasional sales so I check with the three of them. If you combine one of their sales and rebate offers from the manufacturers, they can come in pretty cheap.

My next set of Roadsmart III's is waiting for my current set to wear out. The new set cost me a total of $148 - a combo of a good sale price from Discount Moto Tires and a $100/set rebate from Dunlop.

Top Bottom