Internet Discount Tire Sources

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
The past few years I have bought tires from a nearby Cycle Gear and having them do the install and balance.
I do this also. My local CG is within walking distance of my house. I want them to stay open, so I give them my support.

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
Motorcycle SuperStore always got them here across country to me fast and were the most reasonable in price - for MC tires.
For a far future replacement GYTT , I don't know yet , the one now was already on the extra wheel I bought from member Don here.

Last edited:
Bike
VStrom 650
I have built up a pretty good relationship with my local bike mechanic, that's if you can call a 140 mile round journey local. He can supply and fit for what I could buy them for online. Plus whilst I'm there he'll give it the once over for nothing. Plus free tea.
He tells me that tyres have a big mark up and that's why he can be competitive.
Might be worth trying your local trusty mechanic, although I appreciate I'm very lucky to have a blummin good bloke to rely on.
Upt'North.

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
I've used American Motorcycle Tires in the past. YMMV, as they're one of those places with no phone number or address on their web page, only contact via email.

Last time I just used a semi local bike tire shop. Not that much different considering they charge more to mount if you bring in tires rather than buy from them.

Bike
2007 ST1300
I have found in my locality that there are 2 prices for installation - the "bought your tire from us" price and the "didn't buy from us" price. The significant savings available from Internet vendors disappears under the second install price, so I find it's easier just to order tires from the local shops.

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
I have found in my locality that there are 2 prices for installation - the "bought your tire from us" price and the "didn't buy from us" price. The significant savings available from Internet vendors disappears under the second install price, so I find it's easier just to order tires from the local shops.
Local shop charges $25 per tire no matter where it comes from. I do hear what you are saying, many stealerships do raise the price for tires brought in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I ride about 10,000 miles in 17 weeks, so that about a set of tires in about 4 months. That's three sets a year for those that didn't want to do the math! ;)

That's why I have my own tire changer (it actually sits at my son's house since he's been using it more that I do. - he's into the mini-motos and sells tires/rims to the guys that race them - yeah, he trys to race them too...:rofl1:)

So I watch ebay for "deals" on tires. Sometimes I score and sometimes I don't. I do try to have at least one set of tires sitting in my storage so I can swap them when I want and not have to wait on the tires coming from someplace and not being able to get the bike back on the road. Of course, I can always take my 2012 if I have to! :D

Top Bottom