More Honda product news for 2018

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It doesn't look quite right to me.
That's an understatement. It's flat out ugly. As ugly as all the other similar looking mega-mufflers. Truth be told I don't care for the looks of any of those three bikes.

But apparently the Honda engineers do know what they're doing.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I think I'd like the DCT version of the NC, I just wish they had an alternate way of adding gas instead of lifting the pass seat.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I have to go one step beyond saying I don't care for the looks of any of the three - they are all butt ugly to my eyes.

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
What I find hard to believe is that they still offer that butt ugly NM4. I hardly think that they sell more of those than the ST. My .02

Skip

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
but I need a windshield of some kind.
+1 on that. Back in the 55MPH era of UJMs wind protection wasn't all that necessary, and very few had any. Now that the flow of traffic on any freeway around here is 80MPH, you get tired fast holding on to avoid getting blown off the back of the bike. I picked up a GS850G in the mid-90s and whenever I rode that thing long distances I was beat after a few hours of holding on. I sold it after riding it for a year because of the wind factor. And for a reference point, I put 107k miles on a FZR1000 sportbike in that same era, so it wasn't because I needed a full fairing touring bike to be happy. The CB1000r has about the same wind protection as that GS850G, none.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I put a little National Cycle bikini fairing on my V65S and it was great. It took the brunt of wind off of me. Given that I wasn't doing 200+ miles at a time it was sufficient.

Saeng made a gorgeous graceful full size handlebar fairing way back when. Completely clear with slick turn signals mounted on it and edge-lit all the way around. A work of art.

I think it was out of production by the time I got my V65 in '85. But that fairing and a CB1100EX (in yellow!) would be a great 'nekkid' bike for me.

It does make me laugh when I'm rolling down the road at um around the speed limit and I see some guy one a sport bike laying on the tank with his elbows up in the air. About half the time they have some kind of gee-gaw on their helmet (not a GoPro) like a Roman soldier's bristle broom or even some kind of stegosaurus 'fins'.

Bike
03 ST1300A
STOC #
Yeah, I've gone and gotten "old" and "practical", I want wind protection and some carrying capacity. A backpack doesn't cut it over anything but short distances, and most soft luggage I've used didn't hold up well.

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I think I'd like the DCT version of the NC, I just wish they had an alternate way of adding gas instead of lifting the pass seat.
Joe, a common modification for touring NC riders is to alter the stock seat with an opening to access the fuel fill or install a luggage rack in place of the stock seat that has fuel fill access. I made a platform similar to this I use on long touring rides and on IBA rides it mounts an auxiliary fuel tank to extend range.

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Joe, a common modification for touring NC riders is to alter the stock seat with an opening to access the fuel fill or install a luggage rack in place of the stock seat that has fuel fill access. I made a platform similar to this I use on long touring rides and on IBA rides it mounts an auxiliary fuel tank to extend range.
That's not too bad of a solution..

STOC #
Now THAT makes too much sense.. What a great idea!! I love a "two fer" fixes the gas and luggage problem in one swelled foop.
m

Top Bottom