Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable Anti Dive?

My Gallery

Re: Disable Anti Dive?

According to the OP's profile, the bike is an '05 ST1300? The ST1300 doesn't have a specific anti-dive circuit, unlike the ST1100. The washer stack at the end of the damper rod (which is inside the cartridge BTW) is your rebound damping valve. The cartridge must be disassembled to access it. You certainly don't want to disable the rebound damping! I think those instructions sound like they are for another model. I put straight rate springs in my 1300 and didn't disable anything. Later I rebuilt them with Race Tech Gold valves for both the compression and rebound circuits, so I've had the forks completely in pieces. No other circuits and no other springs (other than the big ones in each leg).

Robert
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2005 ST1300
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wjbertrand View Post
    According to the OP's profile, the bike is an '05 ST1300? The ST1300 doesn't have a specific anti-dive circuit, unlike the ST1100. The washer stack at the end of the damper rod (which is inside the cartridge BTW) is your rebound damping valve. The cartridge must be disassembled to access it. You certainly don't want to disable the rebound damping! I think those instructions sound like they are for another model. I put straight rate springs in my 1300 and didn't disable anything. Later I rebuilt them with Race Tech Gold valves for both the compression and rebound circuits, so I've had the forks completely in pieces. No other circuits and no other springs (other than the big ones in each leg).
    I have two bikes - a 2001 ST1100, and a 2005 ST1300 (both non ABS). This is for the 1100. I replaced the springs in the 1300 with Traxxion's straight rate springs and had no issues. I'm very happy with the improvement it made. Sorry for the confusion. I think I tried putting both bikes in the profile, but it wouldn't let me - not enough room.
    Last edited by RobbieAG; 11-17-2017 at 01:35 PM.

3. The Following User Likes This Post:

Robert
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2005 ST1300
    My Gallery

I got my forks back from Traxxion yesterday. Besides the rebuild, I had them re-valve them. Hopefully I'll get them on this weekend.

5. The Following User Likes This Post:

Robert
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2005 ST1300
    My Gallery

I got the forks on last weekend. I was only able to take it for a quick 25 mile ride, but the initial impressions are very positive. Thereís a lot less dive on braking and the wallowing is gone. Itís very controlled, but not harsh at all. Iím looking forward to taking it on some serious twisty roads next season to further wring it out!

Bike
    1991 SSMST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

So... what exactly did they do to the anti-dive? Does the caliper still rock? Suspension fluid still flow through the unit? TIA

John
    John OoSTerhuis, STOC 1058, 1991 SSMST1100 - The Grey GhOOST (now @ 190K)
    Multi-task: check out: ST-Riders - The LiST
    My tech/maint/service pictures: link

Robert
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2005 ST1300
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by John OoSTerhuis View Post
    So... what exactly did they do to the anti-dive? Does the caliper still rock? Suspension fluid still flow through the unit?
    I don't know exactly how they disabled the anti-dive, but I got a bag of small parts back with the forks. From the parts fiche, they look to be from the anti-dive mechanism. The caliper still attaches as before.

it removes the cup, spring and washer from the end of the fork, that's really about it

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12