So pleased

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I've been really happy with STella. A few gripes about fuel economy and engine roughness that really don't detract from my overall experience.
But after the starter valve sync I am completely blown away by this bike.
She starts almost instantly even at 5 degs C, warms up quickly and stays at temp.
The engine is now turbine smooth, 120 kph comes up really quick!
Nimble and steady at speed, comfortable but not Lazy-Boy. That said on our last outing my lady fell asleep on the back, woke up when she tipped forward and bumped my helmet. And shes only been on on the back of a bike since this Spring. That's a testament to her comfort level.

I only wish we bought her at the beginning of summer instead of September this year.

I thank everyone who weighed in on my 670 posts :shock: offering guidance and challenging me to think differently .

Last edited:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
You have a lot to look forward to. At 174,000 miles mine is the same way.

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
That’s awesome! No better feeling than when you love doing something. I wish I had that feeling again. For the last two months I’ve been struggling with trying to find the culprit to my FI code 26 and I’m now debating getting rid of my ‘04 and moving on. Didn’t mean to hijack.

Skip

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Thanks Skip, appreciate that.
I've been watching your thread, wishing I had some stroke of genius for you. I'll re-read it and see if anything comes to mind!
Cheers!

Top Bottom