Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back on a ST

Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: Back on a ST

Rick I have a DR650 that I bought as a second bike. One I could throw in the back of my truck on my 7 days off and go wherever.
    I will have had it 4 years this January. In February 2015 I bought a 2012 BMW G650GS I thought I would replace my DR650 with. It just didn’t fit me. But it was a fun little bike to ride. That motor could not touch my DR off the line. But would smoke it in on the top end.
    I only kept the BMW 6 months. I traded it in on a new Triumph Tiger 800XCX. One of the most fun bikes I have ever owned in my life!
    I still have the ST. Thinking real hard about a new RT, the Tiger and the DR650. I just can’t get rid of that little bike. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Sometimes it is nice to grab a 400 or 500 lb bike instead of a 700 plus pound bike.
    They all three put a smile on my face when I ride them. I just have options now of what I can do when it’s time to ride.
    I’ll bet you enjoy that bike the more you ride it.
    Last edited by okckeith; 11-14-2017 at 11:32 PM.

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    BMW K1600GT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by okckeith View Post
    Rick I have a DR650 that I bought as a second bike. One I could throw in the back of my truck on my 7 days off and go wherever.
    I will have had it 4 years this January. In February 2015 I bought a 2012 BMW G650GS I thought I would replace my DR650 with. It just didn’t fit me. But it was a fun little bike to ride. That motor could not touch my DR off the line. But would smoke it in on the top end.
    I only kept the BMW 6 months. I traded it in on a new Triumph Tiger 800XCX. One of the most fun bikes I have ever owned in my life!
    I still have the ST. Thinking real hard about a new RT, the Tiger and the DR650. I just can’t get rid of that little bike. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Sometimes it is nice to grab a 400 or 500 lb bike instead of a 700 plus pound bike.
    They all three put a smile on my face when I ride them. I just have options now of what I can do when it’s time to ride.
    I’ll bet you enjoy that bike the more you ride it.
    Trade that old ST in on new RT and never look back.:bmwkick1

Don't ask me what I think of you,you might not like the answer that I give to you.

Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Man View Post
    Trade that old ST in on new RT and never look back.:bmwkick1
    That old outdated ST has 91K of trouble free always get me there and back miles on it.
    I bought an extended warranty on my Triumph. And will do the same if I get the RT.

Rick
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    =6=
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by okckeith View Post
    Rick I have a DR650 that I bought as a second bike.
    Keith, when I started looking for a second bike I looked at a few dr650s, honda xl650s and suzuki 400s. Then I woke up and realized I am too old for an "adventure bike". There are not any good gravel or dirt roads near where I live so I went a different route. I am waiting for a warm day to take it for a long ride.
    I might not be the brightest candle in the window. but I can still catch the drapes on fire!

Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

I realized the first time I hit some deep sand on my DR that I was too old and broke down to be doing that. LOL I ride it 90% of the time on pavement. Two lane roads are great on it.
    I have road it to Arkansas and to Texas. Definitely not the ST or the Tiger. But I made it.
    Iíll bet you will enjoy that bike. You just canít pass like you can on your 1600. But tires will last longer. And youíll like the gas mileage.
    Last edited by okckeith; 11-15-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Bike
    2005/2006st1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Welcome from WA STate!!

ToddC
    I Just wana Ride man, I just wana Ride!

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12