Night Night

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
When Chris and I move to Cedar City Utah, I'll be having to do the same thing, but not as extreme (only three months-maybe), I hope!
I plan on ending up in southern Utah, I hear its either hot or cold, but no real snow. Least I hope that's the worst of it.
I did live in north Idaho for many years, I'd rather not do that kind of cold and snow again. Under freezing temps and/or 15 foot snow drifts, 1 or 2 hours of daylight. This California man dose not know how you Canadians do it. My first week in N Idaho I was riding in 28°F at noon wearing every piece of clothing I owned and watching the icicles form on my ski gloves. Crazy. I rode like that for a week. Although I'll never forget riding over a large lake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
To help keep the mice away. Never had an issue, this year I added this mouse trap.
Clever! Is that a log rolling mouse trap? Do you entice them with food on the 'log'?

OP
OP
TMUS

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
The trap has a ramp that goes under the lift, glued peanuts to the bottle, used a gallon of -20 windshield washer so it won't freeze. Check out YouTube videos for bucket mouse traps, they work great. Caught one in our garage with same setup so far. Better that traps you have to reset or using poison than they start to smell.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
The trap has a ramp that goes under the lift, glued peanuts to the bottle, used a gallon of -20 windshield washer so it won't freeze. Check out YouTube videos for bucket mouse traps, they work great. Caught one in our garage with same setup so far. Better that traps you have to reset or using poison than they start to smell.
Maybe some Beer, that way they go out happy! :rofl1:

Bike
Honda ST1300
STOC #
Never gets cold, really cold, and stays cold here in central Georgia. it always warms back up enough to ride to work with the gear on once in a while. All you need is lectric mitts and grip heaters. No problem with mice yet. What we do get if something sits for any length of time is dirt dobbers or mud daubers or what ever you call them fill any and all recessed screw holes, drain hose ends, vent holes etc... with bright red Georgia clay. It sets up like concrete and is reinforced with spider and bug carcasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
Honda ST1300
STOC #
Never gets cold, really cold, and stays cold here in central Georgia. it always warms back up enough to ride to work with the gear on once in a while. All you need is lectric mitts and grip heaters. No problem with mice yet. What we do get if something sits for any length of time is dirt dobbers or mud daubers or what ever you call them fill any and all recessed screw holes, drain hose ends, vent holes etc... with bright red Georgia clay. It sets up like concrete and is reinforced with spider and bug carcasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
2004 ST1300
Nice walleye! I like to ice fish for yellow perch, lake trout and recently crappie. black crappie.jpg
Most of my winter fishing is done in Ontario straight north of where I live in Minnesota. Remote cabin and seldom see anyone else on the lakes IMG_1113.JPGother than the Conservation Officers. Gives me an excuse to get more time in deeper snow country for the snowmobiles.
Lake trout mostly until early spring before ice out then the walleyes get busy up there before season closes.
Locally there is a lot of walleye, perch and black crappie ice fishing done. Some area lakes have sufficient ice to get out onto already.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
The covers are turned down but the bike has not quite gone to bed, yet. Maybe this weekend but with no specific threat of snow or ice in the near term forecast there isn't much sense of urgency. Yet.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
We get even when the guys in Phoenix can't ride in the summer because it's 115 degrees. ;)

But it's a dry heat!
:rofl1:

There are advantages to living in SoCal, although the temps do get up to 115F once in a great while (I just stick close to the beaches :cool:), but since it happens so little, I can still ride! :D

Top Bottom