Are you KIDDING ME? I did what? I DROPPED WHAT?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yep, yes you read that right, I DROPPED one of the bikes!

So, after 322,291 miles and 12 years on ST1300s, I finally DROPPED one, the 2004#2! At least it was that bike! ;)

I thought I had the sidestand down when I was pushing it off the center stand, but I didn't. I pushed and down she went (on the left side)!

And I had plenty of people at the gas station to witness it!

And of course, not ONE person would come over and help me, so I picked it up myself.

And because I can't bend my knees too well to get my butt down to the saddle (long legs), I just muscled it up the hard way. :eek:4:

Only damage was to the MCL tipover cover and the left muffler got a half dollar rash.

Got to watch that sidestand! :eek:4:

And yes, you'll notice that I updated my tipover count to 1 :eek:

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300

So, after 322,291 miles and 12 years on ST1300s, I finally DROPPED one, the 2004#2! At least it was that bike! ;)

I thought I had the sidestand down when I was pushing it off....

Don’t feel bad! We can’t all be lucky enough to drop ours in the first 10,000 miles! (It gets easier!) :rolleyes:

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
Glad you were not hurt. Here is one thing that I have more practice doing than you do. But, to date, people have always rushed to help me right the bike.

Bike
2021 KTM 890 Adventu
Dropped mine on uneven pavement while backing out of a parking space. Fully loaded on a trip. I could not pick it up and had to rely on the kindness of a stronger man to help me.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Awww man, that stinks. I hate talking about it because I don't want to jinx it but so far, knock on wood, 10 years, 101,000 miles on my ST and no dirt naps so far. Rue the day that it ever happens, I am an old munchkin. Not sure I could get it uprighted without help.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Not the '04! I mean one of those other colours, too bad, but they're a dime a dozen. But the blue ones... What were you thinking? :D :04biker:

Sorry for the loss of your tip over virginity.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Not the '04! I mean one of those other colours, too bad, but they're a dime a dozen. But the blue ones... What were you thinking? :D :04biker:

Sorry for the loss of your tip over virginity.
This 04 is :bk13: :D

It's my commuter bike!

Who says I was thinking? Forgetting to put the sidestand down...is when you're not thinking! :eek:4:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Well Bob,. I hope you take this the right way....but all the posts I've seen you put up the last few years......you were temping fate dude.
So sorry it happened. But at least your pride is the only thing hurt......:eek:.

Dreading the day I really drop it and not just run it over with my truck....and cause over $600 damage just to the bike..... not counting the dented tailgate....:(

Pics....?????? :)

ToddC

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well Bob,. I hope you take this the right way....but all the posts I've seen you put up the last few years......you were temping fate dude.
So sorry it happened. But at least your pride is the only thing hurt......:eek:.

Dreading the day I really drop it and not just run it over with my truck....and cause over $600 damage just to the bike..... not counting the dented tailgate....:(

Pics....?????? :)

ToddC
Well Todd, at least you do it right! :rofl1:

Pics? Who had time for pics? My pride was on the line! I would like to go get the Gas stations recording though...providing they have one...LOL

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Well Todd, at least you do it right! :rofl1:

Pics? Who had time for pics? My pride was on the line! I would like to go get the Gas stations recording though...providing they have one...LOL
You should do that....get the video, cause someone here thinks it's impossible to lift these beasts...... especially the hard way like you did..!!!!!

ToddC

JohnConner

Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour DCT

I thought I had the sidestand down when I was pushing it off the center stand, but I didn't. I pushed and down she went (on the left side)!

And I had plenty of people at the gas station to witness it!

And of course, not ONE person would come over and help me, so I picked it up myself.

And because I can't bend my knees too well to get my butt down to the saddle (long legs), I just muscled it up the hard way. :eek:4:

Only damage was to the MCL tipover cover and the left muffler got a half dollar rash.

Got to watch that sidestand! :eek:4:

Ya know, normally I would say anyone that hasn't dropped their ST doesn't ride a lot. But in your case that doesn't apply. 300k-plus miles is pretty impressive. You must lead a good, clean life to have gone this long. Congratulations on lasting as long as you did.

Reminds me of an avation saying about landing gear up... "There are those that have and those that are going to in the future." Wecome to the club.

JohnConner
: bgw1:
:usflag1:

Last edited:

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
Isn't there a saying something in the nature of " there are those who've dropped their bike, and the rest are going to"? You're just a late bloomer. :)
Edit, John just beat me to it

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Bob, don’t feel bad. Dumped mine in a advanced riders course with ten other riders watching!!! Now that was embarrassing!!!

Top Bottom