My 1991 st1100 most unfortunate bike i've ever owned

Well with the odd dozen times i've actually been able to ride my st11 it's been kinda fun, but more of a pita than anything. So tomorrow i'm going to take photos of the work i've actually accomplished, and give details with them. The overview is that when i got the bike it had 61k on it and has passed though a lot of hands till mine, unfortunately with minimal riding and service done. The bike HAD a works rear shock as well as racetech gold valves and springs for the suspension, the carbs WERE stock with a K&N filter oe plugs and wires, and the exhaust is a 2 bro slip ons, it also has a reupholstered corbin seat (Dave's Valley Custom Upholstery, good guy was original owner of my bike). After much of that work had been done the bike sat and degraded, when i got it the carb diaphragms were bad, the entire suspension was shot and leaking, the top coolant passages were leaking, the swingarm lock bolt had backed out and trashed the bearings, and the bike had been dropped HARD. As it sets now i've replaced the plugs with delco iridiums, new plug wires, fixed one coolant leak at the elbows, rebuilt the carbs with federal spec jets and new diaphragms, replaced many of the coolant lines, and replaced the shock with a non leaking stocker (which is garbage). Im now in the process of fixing the last coolant leak (thermostat housing which is my fault) and rebuilding at least the front suspension and try to fix the rear. My plan for the bike now is to fix it and then sell it, i lost a friend some time ago and his bike is now for sale, i need the funds to buy it (1997 suzuki gsf1200s), my friend built the bike and never rode it, so i'm gonna take it to the places we were supposed to go to. As stated i will have pics tomorrow thanks for reading my spiel -David

Attachments

OP
OP
IMG_20171205_123814438.jpg IMG_20171205_123745461.jpg IMG_20171205_123737489.jpg Here's a glimpse of my pos when i'm done it will be awesome but atm its a basket case. But hope has finally arrived, i found a parts bike that has most of what i need to fix mine. I have already taken this bike down to its basic components and will be parting it out (minus carbs shock forks and assorted plastics)IMG_20171209_164325037.jpg

Bike
1995 ST1100
STOC #
IMG_20171205_123814438.jpg IMG_20171205_123745461.jpg IMG_20171205_123737489.jpg Here's a glimpse of my pos when i'm done it will be awesome but atm its a basket case. But hope has finally arrived, i found a parts bike that has most of what i need to fix mine. I have already taken this bike down to its basic components and will be parting it out (minus carbs shock forks and assorted plastics)IMG_20171209_164325037.jpg
It's good to have spares! How's this project coming along? And what parts from the donor bike will you be selling?

OP
OP
Well atm i have gotten the shock rebuilt and almost ready to go on, and one of the forks done as well as the new thermostat and housing repair. I'm stuck on the other fork because what i was told was a gold valve kit in the cartridge side fork isn't, and so i need to get another $175 to buy the other half of the kit im missing. Sold what was left of the other bike for yet another set of forks and a superbrace as well as some small parts i needed. Stockers in Chula Vista has all the parts if someone needs something. Once i get done with this im never working on another ST again, this sucker has burned me bad.

Top Bottom