Stable Mate

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Congrats on the new ride. I just picked up a new-to-me BMW as well, 2 weeks ago. Now I will have to go up 3 helmet sizes! Once I test rode one at OkieSTOC, I just could not get it out of my head. Life is short and I enjoy riding...and I've had a good year at work.

And regarding this group: unless I get kicked out for riding a non ST, I'll still be in the mix no matter what I show up on. This is by far the best group of people that I have met through a forum.

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I'm going to rent one of those for the Christmas shutdown. Maybe I shouldn't!
Hah! We're renting an RT-T for a week in Palo Alto. Coming home from riding yesterday I wondered “what if we really like it?â€

Mind you, I took STella a bit beyond the limit yesterday and REALLY liked how she got on. Those big numbers really come up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Good on ya' Mike! Gonna be a long winter, sigh. Is your garage heated, so you can sit out there and dream and drool? ;)
O yes the garage is heated. I already warned Suzanne that the next couple of weekends I would be spending in the garage. IT'S FARKLE TIME.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Mind you, I took STella a bit beyond the limit yesterday and REALLY liked how she got on. Those big numbers really come up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't tell you then that I had a chance to take the big girl out on the interstate before the weather changed. She was still accelerating hard past the 135 mark and rock steady even with the top box on.

That has been one I thing that I have really noticed is she doesn't have the happy feet that the ST does on the interstate.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Congrats on the new ride. I just picked up a new-to-me BMW as well, 2 weeks ago. Now I will have to go up 3 helmet sizes! Once I test rode one at OkieSTOC, I just could not get it out of my head. Life is short and I enjoy riding...and I've had a good year at work.

And regarding this group: unless I get kicked out for riding a non ST, I'll still be in the mix no matter what I show up on. This is by far the best group of people that I have met through a forum.
Did you get the RT or K1600?

Sent using Tapatalk

I won't tell you then that I had a chance to take the big girl out on the interstate before the weather changed. She was still accelerating hard past the 135 mark and rock steady even with the top box on.

That has been one I thing that I have really noticed is she doesn't have the happy feet that the ST does on the interstate.

Sent using Tapatalk
The big K is just so much better than the ST. Nothing wrong with the ST the BMW is just a better bike all the way around.

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Congratulations on your new ride and look forward to seeing you and Suzanne at 2018 STOC events. Pass the Fireball.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Just noticed this post, I will have to take some time after Christmas to catch up on missed posts. Nice looking bike Mike. Hope you have lots of time to enjoy it.

Gerhard

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Just noticed this post, I will have to take some time after Christmas to catch up on missed posts. Nice looking bike Mike. Hope you have lots of time to enjoy it.

Gerhard
Thanks Gerhard, it came down this or the RT. The smoking deal I found on this slightly used '18 pushed me to the GTL. Suzanne loves it compared to the ST so far.

Sent using Tapatalk

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Grats. Didn't see this post earlier. About time you got what you have been slobbering over for months :). I know you're enjoying it. Beautiful bike. Be safe.

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Grats. Didn't see this post earlier. About time you got what you have been slobbering over for months :). I know you're enjoying it. Beautiful bike. Be safe.
Thanks, mostly farkling right now. Spring can't come soon enough.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I missed something, Sire has a GL?
No, I have a GTL now, Sire bought a FZ900 I believe. We ran into Pat at the Columbus bike show where we took a demo ride on the GTL.

I looked at the RT as you know, but opted for the GTL for the extra room and power to pull the Fireball trailer.

Sent using Tapatalk

Top Bottom