New Report on Motorcycle fatalities in Ontario Canada

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
. These are the kinds of studies that are used to significantly raise the insurance rates for motorcycles, especially in jurisdictions where the government owns the insurance like it does in Ontario.
Hey Rod,
FWIW, public auto insurance is a government-owned and operated in British Columbia, Manitoba, Quebec, and Saskatchewan only, not Ontario.

This study, along with the recent news stories of holliganism on the freeways, will be the impetus to significantly raise insurance rates for MC's.
I don't doubt that this could happen but this year in Ontario rates actually went down. Quelle suprise! The prior year they had jumped up. Both years it was seemingly across the board for those riders with good records, and was attributed to the fact that overall claims had either gone down or up. Hard to understand what the rates will do, or why.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Hey Rod,
FWIW, public auto insurance is a government-owned and operated in British Columbia, Manitoba, Quebec, and Saskatchewan only, not Ontario.

I don't doubt that this could happen but this year in Ontario rates actually went down. Quelle suprise! The prior year they had jumped up. Both years it was seemingly across the board for those riders with good records, and was attributed to the fact that overall claims had either gone down or up. Hard to understand what the rates will do, or why.
Yeah, I realized that too late. Sorry about that. With the rates you guys seem to be paying, I just assumed it was government run:D

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Yeah, I realized that too late. Sorry about that. With the rates you guys seem to be paying, I just assumed it was government run:D
Lol, if we pay more its because we have weather that allows us to ride more than 2 months of the year ;-)

Seriously, where you in Ontario matters. There seems to be a big difference in premiums for those in the T.O. area, (guessing, ... within 75 km of the big smoke), versus the rest of us. Huge difference in the population & vehicle density, (& hooligan factor ;-) ), I `spose.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Just get some good ole boys in jacked up pickups and blocking the road with motorcycles would become a self correcting problem.

STOC #
Riding a motorcycle in the GTA, especially freeways, is like swimming with sharks while one of your arteries is spurting blood.
It's bad enough in a car full of air bags and load of marshmellows.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Riding a motorcycle in the GTA, especially freeways, is like swimming with sharks while one of your arteries is spurting blood.
It's bad enough in a car full of air bags and load of marshmellows.
It's not so bad.

Here's a traffic cam pic from this morning.

Mad-Max-Fury-Road.jpg

Top Bottom