TB Sync - The Digisync way!!

pumper316

SaTx Speed Demon!
Bike
'04 ST1300A
Took the week off to get a few things done around the house and the garage. #1 on the list was to do a throttle body sync on the ST. I bought the bike with 35k miles on the odometer and it's got a little over 46k miles now. Finally got some free time today and these are my results. The Digisync just makes this process so easy!

Before and After pics!

Attachments

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Just what are we looking at? I'm used to seeing four rods going from uneven to nearly even or even without respect to numbers.

And what's the price of a DigiSync? Could you give a quick rundown of the sync procedure?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just what are we looking at? I'm used to seeing four rods going from uneven to nearly even or even without respect to numbers.

And what's the price of a DigiSync? Could you give a quick rundown of the sync procedure?
Looks like the 4 channel is around 150.

Instead of 4 rods you have 4 sets of numbers and you get those as close to the same numbers.

I have a motion pro manometer and eventually I'm going to buy the digisync. One site I belong to they are a sponsor so I may be able to get a decent deal on one. I will contact Mr. Claus and let him know I wish for one. Lol

OP
OP
pumper316

pumper316

SaTx Speed Demon!
Bike
'04 ST1300A
Nice vacuum synch tool! How does it pick up RPM?
The Digi Sync model DS1+ includes a digital tachometer feature that displays engine RPM alongside the peak vacuum readings. The timing of the engine intake strokes are used for accurate idle speed adjustments.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Thanks. I wondered if it used the vacuum pulses or if they included an inductive pickup off the spark plug lead. So using vacuum pulses, they're having to assume it's a 4 stroke (generally a safe assumption).

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Any description anywhere about what the units of measure are on the display?

Given the detailed technical description at the link it seems a bit odd that they don't explain what the units mean, so you'd have some idea of how far off each cylinder is from another. Not saying you can't use the tool without that info, but it would be worthwhile to know. Given that in the old Hg days 2cm of Hg was the tolerance spec, it would be nice to know you didn't need to spend 45 minutes to get that last cylinder to sync up perfectly when it was only 0.2cm of Hg off to begin with. Any info in the user manual to explain the units displayed?

Top Bottom