Best ST1300 aux lights?

Bike
2003 st1300
I'm looking to put some nice bright led aux driving lights on my 03 st1300. What do you use? What's the best? And what do you guys recommend?

Bike
2010 ST1300
I'm looking to put some nice bright led aux driving lights on my 03 st1300. What do you use? What's the best? And what do you guys recommend?
You need to define best. Do you mean cheapest? Most durable? Smallest? Throws the most light? If cost is no object, I'd vote for Clearwaters - but I won't afford them. What kind of beam do you want? Pencil or fog?

Bright and CHEAP! Buy these, Sell off a few to pay for yours! 10Watt LED driving lights that I mounted on my forks
Hey, just mount 'em all on your bike and watch the cars get out of your way. Wonder what the recoil will be from all those photons when you turn them on.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Buy these
I have very similar-looking lights - also 10 watts - I got from MondoMoto. They definitely make my front aspect more conspicuous- which is their primary intended function. They may even also give me a little more light, especially to the sides, than the basic headlamps do. But as others have noted, you need to define what you mean by "best" because different lights serve different purposes and no one type will really do it all.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I have very similar-looking lights - also 10 watts - I got from MondoMoto.
How long ago did you get these? I checked about a year ago and they did not have them, so I got 2" lights from advmonster.com. I'm very happy with them and the guys I ride with say they are very bright during the day when they look in their rear view mirrors at me.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
How long ago did you get these? I checked about a year ago and they did not have them
I ordered them in ~December 2014; installed January 2015. You're right, though: it appears their website (and presumably the company behind it) has disappeared. I didn't know that.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
you need to define what you mean by "best" because different lights serve different purposes and no one type will really do it all.
One nice feature of the Vision X light cannons is they come with a removable lens that converts them from a true spot light to a driving light.

Bike
05 ST1300A
STOC #
I had these on my 07 ST1300 and was very happy with their performance and the quality of the wiring harness, and components. I talked to them several times on the phone about the lights and they answered all my questions, helped with install over the phone and generally were great. I also bought an led headlight from them at the time.
https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/-Long-Range-Optimus-LED-Auxiliary-light-Round_p_10.html

I needed just a little bit more light as my night vision isn't as good as it used to be so I went with Clearwater lights.
I got a combination Sevina and Erica. I would definitely call though if interested and ask for a price on seconds or B-stock, they didn't have them online when I looked but did when I went down. I was able to get the Erica as a second and it was quite a bit less expensive. I would get two Sevinas if I was doing it again as with the Ericas flood light I get to much reflection back from road signs.
I had them installed at their shop while on a trip on the 07 and then again on my current bike an 05.

The cost is very high, though this does include the wiring harness, switches(both on/off and dimmer) a skeine type dimmer which ties into the headlight switch and horn, and in my opinion customer support or service is built into the price. The customer service in my experience is fantastic and when I had a diode go bad and another issue related to an st1300 that sometimes happens, they fixed it on a later trip and threw in some amber lenses as a thank you. On the 05 install which was supposed to be a 2-3 hour job they spent over 8 hrs dealing with other wiring issues etc. no extra charge, no complaints. A couple of times I've called for tech support while troubleshooting an electrical problem to rule out the lights or their wiring being a part of the problem and was helped a great deal. Historically I have issues with electrical things either lights, computers, radios, watches, motherboards on stoves etc. This leans me towards a company's customer service or warranty handling in a greater proportion than most would do in deciding what to buy. That was at the top of my list in deciding on the Clearwater lights.

I think several people here have had good luck with led rider lights, they were my second choice, but would be first choice for affordability. https://ledrider.com/

I had these on my 07 ST1300 and was very happy with their performance and the quality of the wiring harness, and components. I talked to them several times on the phone about the lights and they answered all my questions, helped with install over the phone and generally were great. I also bought an led headlight from them at the time.
https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/-Long-Range-Optimus-LED-Auxiliary-light-Round_p_10.html

I needed just a little bit more light as my night vision isn't as good as it used to be so I went with Clearwater lights.
I got a combination Sevina and Erica. I would definitely call though if interested and ask for a price on seconds or B-stock, they didn't have them online when I looked but did when I went down. I was able to get the Erica as a second and it was quite a bit less expensive. I would get two Sevinas if I was doing it again as with the Ericas flood light I get to much reflection back from road signs.
I had them installed at their shop while on a trip on the 07 and then again on my current bike an 05.

The cost is very high, though this does include the wiring harness, switches(both on/off and dimmer) a skeine type dimmer which ties into the headlight switch and horn, and in my opinion customer support or service is built into the price. The customer service in my experience is fantastic and when I had a diode go bad and another issue related to an st1300 that sometimes happens, they fixed it on a later trip and threw in some amber lenses as a thank you. On the 05 install which was supposed to be a 2-3 hour job they spent over 8 hrs dealing with other wiring issues etc. no extra charge, no complaints. A couple of times I've called for tech support while troubleshooting an electrical problem to rule out the lights or their wiring being a part of the problem and was helped a great deal. Historically I have issues with electrical things either lights, computers, radios, watches, motherboards on stoves etc. This leans me towards a company's customer service or warranty handling in a greater proportion than most would do in deciding what to buy. That was at the top of my list in deciding on the Clearwater lights.

I think several people here have had good luck with led rider lights, they were my second choice, but would be first choice for affordability. https://ledrider.com/
Great podcast here with Glenn Stasky from Clearwater..........https://www.adventureriderradio.com/adventure-rider-radio-episodes/2017/6/29/led-motorcycle-lights-what-you-need-to-know

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Skip the overpriced clearwaters and go with the vision x, they make a great light at half the price.
"The Vision X 4.5" Light Cannon uses a single source 25-Watt LED and advanced IRIS reflector technology to place it at the top of its class in the single source LED lighting division. The Light Cannon utilizes a focused beam pattern to provide 1,000 feet of usable light, and is housed in a robust black aluminum polycarbonate hybrid housing for long lasting durability, even in the most extreme conditions."

"Polycarbonate Covers allow various patterns of light distribution, including Spot, Euro, Combo, Flood, Wide Flood, or Elliptical beams. Each of these beam patterns is also available in a variety of tints, including amber, red, blue, or clear. A Black Out “Vision X” logo cover is also available for added protection when your lights are not in use. All covers are created from a high-grade polycarbonate material that adds some extra protection to your 4.5″ Light Cannon."

Found sets for $229 on e-bay

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
rdmsttrav said:
as with the Ericas flood light I get to much reflection back from road signs.
Because of the inverse-square law of physics and that light is a reflection this is less light than seen by oncoming traffic at an even greater distance. Bright wide or 'flood' beams need to be used with caution as they can detrimental to rider and others alike.

The Dan said:
go with the vision x, they make a great light at half the price.
This is what I'll probably do. I've got some H1 Bajas lamps that I probably won't mount since I can't find LED bulbs to replace the halogens. After converting my headlights to G6 Eviteks I'm not inclined to add yellow power sucking lights to the ST.

These are b-a but a bit overwhelming on the ST. And totally b-a. If the Bajas can't be converted then these are what I'll get.

Top Bottom