If you are going to Steal something, and try to sell it, at least know what you have

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
About three weeks ago, my son Bobby (of Rob's Ride Shop) built a mini-moto (used for racing) for a guy. That guy rode it once around his neighborhood and then it was stolen out of his carport.

Yesterday, the bike showed up on Craig's List. My son, along with several of his buddies that also race these mini-motos, saw it and they coordinated with the local Police and arrested the guy. According to my son, each of the guys contacted this guy selling the bike and they all got different answers as what the bike was. He told one guy that it was a 400cc (it was only 65 or 85 ccs) He told my son that it was worth between $4 to $6K. And others, he told them other incorrect info, but they all knew what it was and who it belonged to!

My son posted a picture of the cops at the scene when they nabbed him!

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Re: If you are going to Steal something, and try to sell it, at least know what you h

Nice job..!!!!

T

Re: If you are going to Steal something, and try to sell it, at least know what you h

I love a story with a happy ending.......I dispise a thief. Way to go on the recovery.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway

Thieves are idiots.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #

A PoS like that deserves to be arrested at home - nice.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy!

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #

I'm glad that they got the bike back. Unfortunately, around here the perp will now get his hands slapped and then told not to do that again before he's let go...

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #

We call that “The Monty Python” penalty:

“STOP, or I’ll yell STOP again”.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

My son posted a picture of the cops at the scene when they nabbed him!
:worthless

Ok not worthless but a pic or link would be cool!

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #

My son and his fellow officers were staking out a guy that was robbing people of cell phones for sale on Craigslist. The perp pulled a knife on the undercover officer and then ran. They released the dog and the perp lost use of one arm where the dog got a hold of a bunch of nerves in his armpit! I wouldn't be surprised if the perp doesn't sue the PD for putting the dog on him. Too bad, play stupid games and win stupid prizes. He's lucky he didn't get shot when he pulled the knife.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

st11ray said:
They released the dog...
Was its name Havoc? I hope that it was the crook's 'knife arm'. Sure it's highly likely he'll sue for excessive use of force and anything else he can tack on. I'd hope a jury would consider the wages of sin and consider it a price paid.

I love K-9s. Alameda County SO finally got dogs a few years back and they do some great work. And to be honest most crooks can out run most cops. Dogs— that's a whole different story.

Top Bottom