New Goldwing Thoughts...

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
While I'd prefer an updated ST, I'll do a demo ride on the new Wing if one is offered. Only 133,000 miles on the ST1300, though, so there's no hurry to find a replacement. I'd consider buying a ST1300 in the crate and storing it. (I did see that a dealer in Dallas had a new 2012 for sale; they wanted a bit too much, and it was the slow black color...)
1if offered. Well, Honda is pretty proud of there NEW GW. They our working on First every Demo ride at Daytona Bike Week.

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
The new Goldwing is nice. The local dealer here has 2 in stock. I went to have a look a couple weeks back. The weight of a little over 900lbs is a little much though. It's price tag was a little too rich for my blood.
Could U please NAME this dealer. Thank U

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I find the new 'Wing very interesting and I look forward to throwing a leg over one and taking it for a ride. And I would definitely like to try the DTC.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the aftermarket supply a bigger top box (for the GW or to swap on the GW Tour) along with deeper saddle bag lids to up the storage capacity.

Now, if they can figure out how to add a couple gallons of gas and get the range up to around 300 miles or so. I would gladly give up the speakers for more fuel capacity!

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
2018 GoldWing Tour DCT $28000. Really, the pricing is in the same ballpark as the 2017.
Thanks Jim. That’s a lotta bike for the money. Given the general downturn in motorcycling, the advancing age of bikers and the easy availability of lots of good used bikes, I’d say that Honda may be getting a bit nervous about retaining their market for high end bikes. That may be what kept the price increase down over the last years model.

I’m sure that the new GL is a great machine and that it may sell well - the real question is: to whom?

If it brings in new folks to the hobby, then fine, but if all it does is prompt a lot of existing large bike riders (like current GL & ST folks) to spring for a new one, then the market will be glutted with many late model Gold Wings at good prices.

Hmmmm....

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
When I talked to the head corporate guy at the Long Beach show about the new Goldwings I asked why they had the old Goldwings down at the Demo ride area. He said that the four new Goldwings were prototypes and they were the only ones in the country. The working demos and production units will not be here until January. He also said something about hoping that the ST users will migrate to the Goldwing. So I told him that Honda will have to put the 1200 V4 into the Goldwing and they might....

Top Bottom