Change position lights

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
Got the headlights changed , now what is the best and easiest way to change the small position lights ?

Please help !

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Correctly titled "middle cowls" are removed to access the position lights. There is a sequence of removing the lower cowls, three inside cowls, the mirror covers, then the middle cowls.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Assuming you go to the trouble of removing the tupperware, try not to drop the bulbs inside the headlight. Its a bit of a job to get them out. And while you have everything open, you might change the headlights to G6 LED's if you haven't already done so.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Remove the windshield and the black garnish under it that the adjuster arms poke through. Unless you have huge hands, you can just reach the position light bulbs. They just slide in. Replace with LEDs and you probably will not have to worry about them again.

OP
OP
Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
Assuming you go to the trouble of removing the tupperware, try not to drop the bulbs inside the headlight. Its a bit of a job to get them out. And while you have everything open, you might change the headlights to G6 LED's if you haven't already done so.
Where can the G 6 bulbs be bought ? I think i may try the method suggested by jmcarruth first.

Thanks for all of the replies .

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Where can the G 6 bulbs be bought ? I think i may try the method suggested by jmcarruth first.

Thanks for all of the replies .
Read this thread LINK, though do it backwards - go to the last post and start reading forward. Cindy is the person in China that you want - though you can get the same thing from Amazon for a few bucks more.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The position bulbs are in rubber sockets that pop into a hole in each side of the headlights.

I found it tough to grab and pull the sockets out. Gripping one a little too tight while pulling popped the bulb out and into its reflector well. Trying to remove it let it fall into the headlight well below. But it was easy to retrieve with a length of wire a loop of tape.

Putting the sockets back in needs a bit of caution as well. If you push a little too hard on them the bulbs may pop out.

Top Bottom