Hip Pain

Bike
1993 ST 1100
Let us know when 60 comes around :)
I was thinking Medication but the post has turned to Yoga, in my youth the old guys spoke of " Whiskey" and " Sex" and I have been eagerly awaiting my turn to be that guy, sadly I think I might end up in Yoga Boxers?

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
I asked a pharmacist about cramping and he recommended potassium chloride It's like $4 a bottle. It helps with electrolytes. Between that and my motorcycle yoga (R) patent pend. :rolleyes: I do alright. I do ‘squats' when riding long distances. Essentially lifting my butt 3-4 inches and then sitting again. It helps with blood flow and makes my pilon giggle.
YMMV :eek::06biker:

Bike
2009 ST1300
Hi -

Gary here. Two easy ways to chase off leg cramps: Drink more water, and/or eat bananas. Sweet potatoes, white potatoes, watermelon, frozen spinach, beets, butternut squash will also help.

These foods are rich in potassium, and it sounds like you could be low in that regard. Your doctor could do a blood test to determine if you are low in potassium. This is probably a good idea at your age (like me), especially if you don't eat right (like me, at least sometimes).

Stretch your leg muscles. Nothing major, just stretch them (front & back). Good luck.

Bike
st1100 bsa a65
put footrest extensions on where the crashbars are.they will need modification but if you search in this forum you will find something about it

OP
OP
lomita

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
Happy Ending.......can't remember her name, 85 mph sweet spot, 38 mpg. She's a going machine. My feet didn't bother me at all during the ride as far as the acute pain goes that accompanies my feet condition.

No rain, no icing. Was on for the first xc ride. L.A. to RDL and back 41 hours. 570 miles

Was going to ride up 4 a.m. departure Tuesday, to hot foot it out of L .A.. Beat the traffic thing. Then, Monday evening, dense fog advisories on the I-5 throughout the San Joaquin Valley. So, not wanting to be riding in the fog, delayed departure until 8:30 A.M. Tuesday morning. Hopefully, most of the fog would be dissipated by noon.

Got in the diamond lane and was to Lake Castaic after 90 minutes. Normally, 60 minutes drive at midnight. Those days of light traffic are almost non existent anymore in Socal.

Got over Gorman where it was gusting good enough to definitely get my attention. Started down into the great San Joaquin which looked cloudy from sky to ground and reduced visibilities down to less than a quarter mile in some places. Overall, moved good. Speeders still passing me like I was sitting still when doing 85. No more enforcement in the state? VFR not recommended.

Started hurting, lower back 2.5 hours into ride, focusing on breathing and relaxing. Would lock the throttle and place my hands on the handlebar reservoir covers for alternate riding position and that variance worked good with 150 mile gas stops. Arrived Shasta Lake 6:30 p.m.. nice and dark, but 54 degrees, no fog north of Stockton.

Did the bed and breakfast thing, had the best 5 hour sleep in years and was at RDL the next morning for the 8 A.M. fitting. As I have severe peripheral neuropathy of the feet, must keep off of them to reduce the pain. The RDL staff made a place to put my feet up and I practiced my stretching and YOGA through out the day, electing to not ride locally with a temporary saddle. I was savoring my energies for the return 570 mile ride back, hoping to beat the incoming rain showers.

At 3:30 that afternoon, RDL sent me up on a quick hop to the Shasta Lake loop to enjoy my new saddle. Wow, it was great. That drive went right past the dam and the lake. It is beautiful country. I honked my horn and darted out of town around 4 P.M. and was on my way. Darkness was upon me before reaching Sacramento. Then I was getting kind of cold through Stockton. What are those ocean yards doing so far inland. That cool moist, fog producing ocean air.

Well, into the inky darkness I continued. Couple of times experienced the great adrenalin spike when switching between low and high beams and suddenly no headlight at all. Made my way south and finally hit severe dense fog at the south end of the San Joaquin Valley in the final 5 miles before the grapevine.

Some drivers Wednesday night were passing me while I was indicating 95. Incredible. And don't you love it when 2 trucks in miles of emptiness hog both lanes and take 10 minutes to pass one ano the when they see you pulling up on them.

Then I would stand on it to 105. How do I get this little thing out of 2nd gear, beep beep, beep-beep, hey muther truckers.

Sky was brilliant with stars over Gorman. Rolled in to my home at 1 A.M., showered, and slept off the 1100 miles I've never ever done that way before on any bike.

Shaved an hour off the return trip and the seat took the edges off the road. Thanks RDL, thanks ST forum members, thanks God for returning me safely, and thanks honey for letting the old dog off the leash for 2 days. Back into the squirrel cage I go.

Humm, what next? So much trouble, so little time......I'll pray on it.

My feet still hurt, butt is all healed up. No more hip pain.

Top Bottom