OTD price on 2018 Goldwing

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
Did you or do you know of someone that has pre-ordered a 2018 Goldwing? If so, what is the price you/they are paying? I realize that states have varying sales tax so please do not include in the price you're paying. I'm trying to determine if the dealers will negotiate under MSRP and what extra fees they may be charging.

If stating a price, please include the dealer, model Goldwing and if equipped with DCT. I'm not interested in the airbag model.

Appreciate your help.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't buying a new motorcycle in the $20K range (and up) like buying a car? Everything is negotiable. Can you not ask to see their invoice price? (not that it means a lot). And since you know the MSRP, anything lower than that is a plus for you, and anything over it is gravy for the dealer.

Any fees they charge is one more way to nickle and dime you and push their profit northward. When we bought a used Highlander two months ago, after all was said and done, the dealer added a $250 title and paperwork fee that we had not expected. When I considered the hassle of getting my own paperwork done, I decided it was a. a bit expensive for what it was, and b. a definite convenience to just pay the $$ and be done with the whole transaction. Absolutely no question in my mind that a more aggressive bargainer than I am would have pushed the issue and maybe gotten that waived - or done the titling himself.

I don't think I want to know or care about added 'fees'. If the dealer is going to add a destination fee, advertising fee, title fee, assembly fee, etc. it is really irrelevant. All that I care about is the bottom line. One number. What will this bike (car) cost me out the door. Add one penny after we agree on that number and you keep the bike (car). (We did reject their offers of insurance packages (body, extended warranty, roadside assistance, etc.) that got us a profoundly unhappy expression on the face of the guy closing the deal.)

OP
OP
carpdm

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
Thanks Ken. You should ask your dealer about price.

I read a post on another forum. Poster purchased a 2018 Blue Tour with DCT for under $25k, OTD. With the interest in this bike I'm having a difficult time believing, dealers will sell below MRSP. Hoping to find out what others can verify.

STOC #
According to my past research, new Honda MSRP has a standard markup of 13%. This doesn't include fees, dealer incentives etc. 13% discount OTD would be my negotiating point.

OP
OP
carpdm

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
According to my past research, new Honda MSRP has a standard markup of 13%. This doesn't include fees, dealer incentives etc. 13% discount OTD would be my negotiating point.
I wonder if your research holds true for new models or models with significant upgrades like the Wing.

STOC #

I read a post on another forum. Poster purchased a 2018 Blue Tour with DCT for under $25k, OTD. With the interest in this bike I'm having a difficult time believing, dealers will sell below MRSP. Hoping to find out what others can verify.
Well retail up here is tour $30,799 dct $31999

Bike
VStrom 650
I wonder if your research holds true for new models or models with significant upgrades like the Wing.
I think the 13% sounds low with regards to UK MSRP.
I bought a new Honda CBF1000A8 in the summer of 2008 from a main dealer/friend. I had found a good online price and whilst I can't remember the %'s when I mentioned it to the dealer he blew it out of the water. He probably ate into his own profit margin but he sold me a bike that retailed around £7k for around £5.5k. This bike at the time was a newish model and was the current year colours etc.
I push hard for deals on cars etc, don't believe the salesman when he pushes you to accept his "best deal"; make the enquiry and walk away, have you ever noticed how they then ring you up to see if they can, "help at all".
One exception to this is BMW motorrad dealers, now they are a piece of work. You think they'd won the war.....
Upt'North.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It'll be interesting to see how well this sells and who's able to negotiate something better than MSRP.

OTD pricing MSRP notwithstanding should be cheaper east of CA.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Except for a smallish face lift, and DCT, I'm not seeing the "significant updates" here. Am I missing a lot?
/

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Except for a smallish face lift, and DCT, I'm not seeing the "significant updates" here. Am I missing a lot?
/
If you'll take a look at some of the reviews, you'll see what you're missing in the pictures. Totally redesigned front suspension, lighter weight, up-to-date electronics, ride-by-wire throttle, and 6-speed manual gearbox. A lot of things that GW riders have been asking for. I think the only downside is smaller fuel tank, but reported to have the same range, due to better MPG. I want to see one in the showroom, but I think I want one.

John

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
I talked with Genthe Honda in Southgate, MI. The MSRP is what they are charging along with the assembly charge of about $400 & destination of about $900. Those were approximate even if you put money down ( I didn`t). They said the MSRP was a set price, then taxes on all of it.

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour

I would like to know which dealer that is.

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
If you don't mind going to North Carolina, putting some money down ($1000) then I would contact Schroader's in Hendersonville. If you do it before he orders he knocks the price down. Small dealer but does large volume on GW. I went to local dealers and even told them to add 500 to the price. Nobody would do it. If you want stuff put on they will only do it if you bought it from them. Such as lights, etc. My 2012 GW listed for 29,800 an I walked out at 25,000. Different states have different tax but you will end up paying your states amount. You pay the state's lesser tax where you are buying it and they send the difference to your state that is all how it works.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Unless you include taxes, fees, set up, delivery, etc. It's not really OTD right? I suspect maximum demand will be at their initial introduction. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a few cases where the bikes are sold above MSRP, it happens all the time with new models. If it were me (and it might be - later) I'd wait a year or two until the initial surge of demand has been quenched. The Dealers will be in more of a dealing mood then.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
/
Yes, you are missing all of it. It's brand new design from the tires up. new engine (now with 4 valves/cylinder), new frame and suspension (especially the front), new transmissions, 90 pound weight loss, and improved power, though I've not seen the numbers yet. New styling, instrumentation, electronic features such as car play, throttle by wire, electric windscreen. If fact other than maybe the oil filter I don't think there are any carry-over parts from the existing 'Wing.

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Unless you include taxes, fees, set up, delivery, etc. It's not really OTD right? I suspect maximum demand will be at their initial introduction. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a few cases where the bikes are sold above MSRP, it happens all the time with new models. If it were me (and it might be - later) I'd wait a year or two until the initial surge of demand has been quenched. The Dealers will be in more of a dealing mood then.
Plus the bugs will be worked out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom