OTD price on 2018 Goldwing

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Unless you include taxes, fees, set up, delivery, etc. It's not really OTD right? I suspect maximum demand will be at their initial introduction. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a few cases where the bikes are sold above MSRP, it happens all the time with new models. If it were me (and it might be - later) I'd wait a year or two until the initial surge of demand has been quenched. The Dealers will be in more of a dealing mood then.
Yes, there seems to be a lot of interest in this new and trimmed down edition as it appeals to the touring and sport touring crowd. Demand will be high and I don't think we're going to see any discounts on this model for a number of years. If you're still attracted to the model it replaced you might find some good deals on new and nearly new units.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
My guess is that Honda SouthernPower Sports in Chattanooga, TN will sell below MSRP. They have some of the lowest prices on Hondas in the country! I bought my ST there; 06 in 07 for 10,500, 7 year warranty,plus tax. Everyone else was in the 14500 range.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Yes, there seems to be a lot of interest in this new and trimmed down edition as it appeals to the touring and sport touring crowd. Demand will be high and I don't think we're going to see any discounts on this model for a number of years. If you're still attracted to the model it replaced you might find some good deals on new and nearly new units.
don't know how you come to this conclusion, I have called Honda in Russellville Arkansas and was quoted pretty much $3000 of MSRP on all the 2018 Goldwings and they will take deposits now.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yeah, I've never bought a new wing or st or any motorcycle from Honda at MSRP..

I purchased one of the 1st gen GL1800s back in 2001 and it was still at a decent discount then 4 years later got another one at almost the same price. After that the prices jumped a lot as they introduced the standard packages and to get abs you had to get almost the most expensive package.

Good to see they are changing that with the new ones. Still gonna be some coin but I think it will be worth it. Not sure if I'll get one.. I may hold out a couple more years for a new ST and if that doesn't happen the wing may be in my future.

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
I for one won't be looking to get the new Goldwing, got the mighty ST 1300 cause wanted a bike that weighs less than my 1500 wing

Bike
2006 ST non abs
Well I just read the Rider article. I, for one, wouldn't want to be a Honda “beta testerâ€. 12 laps around a test track doesn't really count as a decent test. As the article says, “We'll know more when we get it out in the real worldâ€.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
12 laps around a test track doesn’t really count as a decent test.
No but it's miles ahead of mindless speculation pro or con. It's a start. Certainly there will be more in depth reports. But 12 laps around a track can give an experienced rider who's familiar with prior 'Wings a decent indication of what's in store.

And 'real world' testing means another article for the magazine. I bet the author has more information about that ride that he hasn't revealed and won't until a 'real world' test.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
A little from the Rider article:

'Rider was given a preview of the new Gold Wing and Gold Wing Tour in Japan at an exclusive test session at Honda’s Twin Ring Motegi racetrack. Following a nearly six-hour tech briefing on the Gold Wing’s new features, we took a dozen or so laps around the 3-mile circuit, first on the previous GL1800 and then on camouflaged, pre-production examples of the new base Gold Wing model with a 6-speed manual transmission and a Gold Wing Tour DCT. I’m not going to pretend that 12 laps around a silky smooth racetrack are a comprehensive test of a bike with so much potential, but Twin Ring Motegi is a highly technical track, and I was able to get a good feel for the lighter bike’s vastly improved handling, suspension performance, brakes and wind protection. I also swapped two-up rides with a fellow journalist to get an impression of the passenger accommodations. [...]

Performance at Twin Ring Motegi was extremely promising. The new Wing handles rock solidly, with low-effort, more predictable steering and slightly better cornering clearance than before. The wider 200-series rear tire is said to contribute to better low-speed handling, though we didn’t have time for many low-speed maneuvers. The bike does feel lighter and better balanced in slow corners, and the new triple C-ABS brakes with 6-piston calipers up front are flat out phenomenal. Power delivery is smooth and has a nice growl when you’re hard on the throttle, and I couldn’t get the bike’s head to shake with hands off the bars on cruise or decel. Wind protection from the reshaped fairing and windscreen(s) is terrific, and the ergonomics and seat comfort for the rider seem just as comfortable as before.'

Lots of good information in this article and I'm sure more to come as more in-depth reports roll out.

Mellow said:
Still gonna be some coin but I think it will be worth it. Not sure if I'll get one.. I may hold out a couple more years...
My Wing buddy says he'll wait a couple years but he was interested enough that we made a one-day trip to the Long Beach show to check them out.

Last edited:

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I look forward to seeing one in person. But I would never buy the first model year of an all new anything. There will be quirks that need to be worked out.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
don't know how you come to this conclusion, I have called Honda in Russellville Arkansas and was quoted pretty much $3000 of MSRP on all the 2018 Goldwings and they will take deposits now.
Well, I haven't done any calling around myself and I'm surprised to hear this as $3,000 is more than 10%.

I'm not trading in the old ST just yet, but the new GW is much more appealing to me than the model it replaces and will probably be on my short list in 2 - 3 years.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I suggest calling Russellville Honda in Arkansas
+1 Were I in the market for a 'Wing that's exactly what I'd do. It might be worth a FnR.

OK I'd call around closer to home first but it would probably be out of state anyway. CA has more pride in it's pricing than I care for.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
The dealer where I bought my current ride is really good at being willing to match best prices around the country. They are Storm Lake Honda and would match the price AND the accessories discount offered at the best price dealer (at the time) in Arkansas. Maybe that was Russellville? Don't know. But they had the best price in the state and I asked if they could do better and mentioned that there was a dealer "down south" that had the best price around and if they could come close to that. I even gave them an out by stating that I wouldn't expect them to match the price but just come a bit closer than where they were. They just went that extra mile to match the deal.

WaterlooJay

R.I.P. - 2021/07/28
Rest In Peace
Bike
2021 BMW RnineT UGS
STOC #
I purchased the 2018 White Wing DCT Tour from KW Honda. Below MSRP. Owner stated he’s never sold a new Honda at MSRP in the 40+ years that he’s been a dealer.

Jay

Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
Congrats Jay. Will you share, how much below MSRP? What percentage? Thanks.
IMG_20180619_185924_121.jpg
I did test ride today it was awsome I had manual enjoyed every second exhaustst sound imazing storages small than expected

Top Bottom