OTD price on 2018 Goldwing

Bike
03 st 1300
My guess msrp 20 grand base wing invoice is 19500.
msrp 30 grand wing is 27500.
not figuring in holdback or dealer incentives,

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
I purchased an 18' GW Tour, Manual Trans in Red. MSRP 27K. Tax, Plates, Title Transfer $25400.00 OTD.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
$25400.00 OTD
I could live with that if I had a place to park the bike! Of course being in CA I might have to do a F&R to get a price like that. Of course then CA would want their slice to get it back in.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I could live with that if I had a place to park the bike! Of course being in CA I might have to do a F&R to get a price like that. Of course then CA would want their slice to get it back in.
You simply let me ride it for you here in TX for, is it 5k or 10k miles and it's less $ to register?

Bike
1991 ST1100
Thanks Ken. You should ask your dealer about price.

I read a post on another forum. Poster purchased a 2018 Blue Tour with DCT for under $25k, OTD. With the interest in this bike I'm having a difficult time believing, dealers will sell below MRSP. Hoping to find out what others can verify.
My local dealer (a friend) is definitely sticking to MSRP and still can't get enough 18 wings for all the interest. He probably play the 'over MSRP' game, but he's not the type. He did have one in his initial allocation in a really fugly brown color that sat for a whole 6 days before it sold... at MSRP.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
You simply let me ride it for you here in TX for, is it 5k or 10k miles and it's less $ to register?
the general rule is over 7,500 miles qualifies as a 'used' vehicle, in which case it doesn't have to meet the CA-specific emissions requirements to register it, 49-state is OK. But if STGui actually bought it from another state, I think CA will collect sales tax on the purchase price, and then the registration will also have a fee based on sales price. If it was a 49-state emissions bike, then the fact that he bought it with 0 miles would prevent him from registering it unless someone else bought it, put 7,500 miles on it in their name, and then sold it to him after it had 7,500+ miles on it. If its a CA (50-state) emissions bike, then there's no advantage to putting any miles on it.

Never tried doing this, can the purchase be setup such that you only pay sales tax to your home state, and not the state in which you buy it?? I seem to recall reading somewhere that this can be done, but not sure about that.

edit: according to dmv.org you only pay sales tax to the state in which the vehicle is registered, not the state where it is purchased.

Last edited:
Top Bottom