Works shock rebuild?

OP
OP
Ok last bit of stupidity i know the shock goes in with the reservoir upside down, i know the strange looking bolt goes in the bottom and the standard bolt goes on top. But does the lower bushing have a thin washer or not, the end of the shock has some play in it side to side and i'm not sure why. Also i had to have racetech fill my shock and they wouldn't do it without taking the shock apart cause they believed it had air in it still. And now it doesn't dampen right when on the bike i have to turn the adjuster all the way in to make it work at all. Im so freaking mad right now cause i needed this bike to be rideable next week and now it doesn't look like it will be. Anyone have a GOOD shock they want to get rid of lemme know.

Bike
VStrom 650
This is an 1100, yes?
If so, there is no washer top or bottom, at least not with standard shock. The only fastenings are a bolt and bush on top and bolt on bottom.
Can't comment on aftermarket items, but the bottom is a good tight fit. It shouldn't wag about. Good word, "wag".
If it is loose then I would say it does need something to fill the gap but make sure it's vertical when fitted as per OEM.
I've got a spare OEM in the garage, but that's no use to you.
Hope it helps.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
This bike has been sitting in front of my house in bits for about 6 months now, it needs to get done or go away. Ill calm down when its rideable or gone

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Saw this on Facebook today....Works may be only mostly dead ;)

In need of new shocks or a rebuild on old shocks? Worx Shocks are in business and building / servicing the shocks you once knew as Works Performance. Gil's daughter Starr Stitely is manufacturing the same great shocks you've all come to know and love, and is still located in Canoga Park. Give Starr a call for your shock needs.

Worx Shocks
7861 Alabama Ave
Suite 12
Canoga Park, CA 91304

818-701-1010 (same as the old number!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom