BMW RT1200 first impressions

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
+1 on the lift. I bought a Derek Weaver MC lift and small jack to lift bike for wheel changes or fork maint. A few things that made me choose it.
1. Being 6'3" lift height was big. Most lifts go to 30-33". Weaver is 42"
2. Table was a little wider than most standard width lifts.
3.1500# weight capacity. I ride wings too. Didn't want to be on the edge of capacity with a 1000 pound lift.
4. Side extensions that made it wider than most and length extensions. I won't be using the length extensions but have used the sides for 4x4 atv maint.
5. The plate which you remove the rear for tire maintenance was wider so therefore I have plenty of room to drop out a tire without wacking my knuckles.
6. It has a full box frame on the floor. Very stable and due to this it has caster wheels on each corner. So when I am not using the lift it is pushed over to the side of the garage and I park/store a bike on it. Therefore I am not losing precious garage floor space.
7. $1200 shipped to my house! It is drop shipped.

After I had it in the garage and was doing some maintenance on a bike or cleaning one my wife came out and saw me moving it up and down to the perfect height for me to be not bending over. I quote..."that was some of the best spent money in a long time! This is really cool!"
A year or two later I still have to agree with her.

Nice ride. Used to live in Novato on top of the Bay. Love riding in Northern California!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I'm debating a full size lift vs the K&L style.
I'm tight in space so that tips the scale toward to K&L though I'm sure the extra space of the Derek Weaver lift is a major bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I'm debating a full size lift vs the K&L style.
I'm tight in space so that tips the scale toward to K&L though I'm sure the extra space of the Derek Weaver lift is a major bonus.

I have a 20'x24' garage. I park a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am and 4 MC in it. I understand space problems!

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I long for the oversize double I had on my acreage.
One time there was a hailstorm brewing so I put my full-size Chevrolet pickup, Subaru Legacy and a VW Karmann Ghia inside. Thankfully I had made eight wheel dollies so I was able to scoot the two cars around to make room for everything.
Hail never materialized but I stood in the doorway watching the hardest rain I'd ever seen.

Last edited:

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I long for the oversize double I had on my acreage.
One time there was a hailstorm brewing so I put my full-size Chevrolet pickup, Subaru Legacy and a VW Karmann Gaia inside. Thankfully I had made eight wheel dollies so I was able to scoot the two cars around to make room for everything.
Hail never materialized but I stood in the doorway watching the hardest rain I'd ever seen.

I understand the hail scare. Have raced home to get things in the barn or the garage. I have a wonderful garage planned with architectural drawings... but children totaled two paid for vehicles last year and this year a deer hit which totaled another and a daughter got married last year too. So plans were put on hold...

Top Bottom