Loss of power/engine noise

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Is a man wearing a kilt allowed to utter the words wee dram and Japanese whiskey in the same sentence? What would the Scots say!
It gets worse... I’m Dutch. The whiskey was a gift, as I just completed Stage managing Madama Butterfly for Manitoba Opera. I haven’t cracked it open yet...that may change later tonight

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
Bandit 1200S
Sorry to resurrect an older thread...but thought I should conclude it. Took the bike apart over Christmas and thankfully it was just HT lead failure

Last edited:

blc

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Hey guys,
On a similar note, my bike was running perfect yesterday and then decided not to. It was registering 1/2 the normal rpms at idles and I did notice some fuel smells but no back firing. Got it home and verified the right 2 cylinders, 1&3, were not firing. Thought it may be a bad ignition coil or ICM failure after I went through a few tests. Just before I started to remove fairings and check the resistance values, I decided to chase a couple of wires. Lo and behold, the feeder signal to the coil had found its way between the seat and the frame and had been cut. It was hard to see since it was in the black sleeve but when I moved it and started the bike it ran perfectly. Simple repair, some shrink wrap and some electrical tape, I was back on the road.
Remember, these bikes are awesome and it is generally something simple that causes issues, like human error. KISS (keep it simple stupid). Ride on fellas.
B

Top Bottom