I Welcome a New Little One

Bike
2008 ST1300
Congratulations! Looks like a ton of fun.

I've had my eye on the Versys model line for a while now. Always enjoyed Kawasaki's parallel twin engines. I can't decide which one I'd rather have, the 650 or the new baby Versys-X 300.

Last edited:

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Yep...2012 Versys 650. Low miles not mark on her. Learning curve from 1600 to 650 wow.
I suppose there will be a large learning curve. Dropping almost 1K and 2-300 pounds. :eek:

Congratulations Tom. And may you have even more fun.

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
I'm certainly enjoying the '16 Versys 650LT I bought new in January. It's got close to 10k miles now and it has served me well so far. No complaints at all and the back roads are a lot of fun on a light, flickable bike like the Versys.

You've probably already visted this website, but the main, U.S. Versys forum is at http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/ .

Don't know if you plan to do any electrical (or other) farkling or not but despite the slightly tighter quarters relative to the ST, it's easily doable. Below are some of the farkles I've added so far:

Switched, 6 circuit fuse panel:

Pigtails. One switched for heated clothing and one unswitched for a trickle charger:

Datel voltmeter to keep track of the charging system. The Garmin is plugged into an OEM, switched socket that is available from Kawasaki.

One of my favorite additions (actually a critical addition in my case) is an Air Hawk saddle cushion. Because it makes me ride a little high in the saddle, I had to lower the bike about an inch to be able to flat foot the bike with it on. I can stay in the saddle practically all day with the AirHawk.

And last but not least, there are a lot of add-on vendors out there for the Versys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Booger Man
I'm certainly enjoying the '16 Versys 650LT I bought new in January. It's got close to 10k miles now and it has served me well so far. No complaints at all and the back roads are a lot of fun on a light, flickable bike like the Versys.

You've probably already visted this website, but the main, U.S. Versys forum is at http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/ .

Don't know if you plan to do any electrical (or other) farkling or not but despite the slightly tighter quarters relative to the ST, it's easily doable. Below are some of the farkles I've added so far:

Switched, 6 circuit fuse panel:

Pigtails. One switched for heated clothing and one unswitched for a trickle charger:

Datel voltmeter to keep track of the charging system. The Garmin is plugged into a OEM, switched socket that is available from Kawasaki.

One of my favorite additions (actually a critical addition in my case) is an Air Hawk saddle cushion. Because it makes me ride a little high in the saddle, I had to lower the bike about an inch to be able to flat foot the bike with it on. I can stay in the saddle practically all day with the AirHawk.

And last but not least, there are a lot of add-on vendors out there for the Versys.
Thanks Mick. Hey PM me the info on fuse block,ground buss & relay stuff. I already installed heated gear & battery charger plugs. what is your avatar on the Versys forum ?

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Thanks Mick. Hey PM me the info on fuse block,ground buss & relay stuff. I already installed heated gear & battery charger plugs. what is your avatar on the Versys forum ?
I'll go ahead and just put the info here in case some other Versys owner wants to see it:

Versys Electrical Farkles w/ info HERE.

My avatar on KawasakiVersys.com:
Wolfcamp

A couple of the farkle vendors I've used:
MotoWerke - lots of Versys specific farkles. I got my lowering kit, crash bars, and GPS mount from them.

Stands:
TRex Racing Stands - below is a pic of them in action in my garage. For the rear, i had to get this specific kind because the 3rd generation Versys ('15, '16, & '17) has a rear fender piece that comes down and interferes with the handle on the pitbull stand I used on my '09 Versys.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Congrats Tom. I just sold my Wing/camping trailer and got this 2016 Versys 650 LT earlier this year. Thought I would miss the Wing as it was my 7th. WRONG. Every time I go out on the Versys I'm lovin it just that much more.

I know you're gonna enjoy it:).

Attachments

OP
OP
Booger Man
Congrats Tom. I just sold my Wing/camping trailer and got this 2016 Versys 650 LT earlier this year. Thought I would miss the Wing as it was my 7th. WRONG. Every time I go out on the Versys I’m lovin it just that much more.

I know you’re gonna enjoy it:).
What’s really a sharp looking bike & it’s all decked out too.

Top Bottom