Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Welcome a New Little One

Bike
    '05 ST1300A
    My Gallery

Re: I Welcome a New Little One

I'm certainly enjoying the '16 Versys 650LT I bought new in January. It's got close to 10k miles now and it has served me well so far. No complaints at all and the back roads are a lot of fun on a light, flickable bike like the Versys.

You've probably already visted this website, but the main, U.S. Versys forum is at http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/ .

Don't know if you plan to do any electrical (or other) farkling or not but despite the slightly tighter quarters relative to the ST, it's easily doable. Below are some of the farkles I've added so far:

Switched, 6 circuit fuse panel:

Pigtails. One switched for heated clothing and one unswitched for a trickle charger:

Datel voltmeter to keep track of the charging system. The Garmin is plugged into an OEM, switched socket that is available from Kawasaki.

One of my favorite additions (actually a critical addition in my case) is an Air Hawk saddle cushion. Because it makes me ride a little high in the saddle, I had to lower the bike about an inch to be able to flat foot the bike with it on. I can stay in the saddle practically all day with the AirHawk.

And last but not least, there are a lot of add-on vendors out there for the Versys.
    Last edited by Mick; 12-09-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    Mick --- Houston, Tx ----- STOC# 1134
    '16 Versys 650LT, '09 Versys (sold), '05 ST1300A(sold), '09 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS (sold), '01 ST1100A (sold), '99 ST1100A (sold), '97 ST1100 (sold), '00 VFR (sold), '99 VFR (sold), plus 8 other assorted bikes.

Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

I bet you are going to love it. I hear nothing but good things about those bikes.

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    BMW K1600GT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JimSTer View Post
    I suppose there will be a large learning curve. Dropping almost 1K and 2-300 pounds.

Congratulations Tom. And may you have even more fun.
    300 pounds. BIG DIFFERANCE ! i Still love the power of the big K1600

Don't ask me what I think of you,you might not like the answer that I give to you.

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    BMW K1600GT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I'm certainly enjoying the '16 Versys 650LT I bought new in January. It's got close to 10k miles now and it has served me well so far. No complaints at all and the back roads are a lot of fun on a light, flickable bike like the Versys.

You've probably already visted this website, but the main, U.S. Versys forum is at http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/ .

Don't know if you plan to do any electrical (or other) farkling or not but despite the slightly tighter quarters relative to the ST, it's easily doable. Below are some of the farkles I've added so far:

Switched, 6 circuit fuse panel:

Pigtails. One switched for heated clothing and one unswitched for a trickle charger:

Datel voltmeter to keep track of the charging system. The Garmin is plugged into a OEM, switched socket that is available from Kawasaki.

One of my favorite additions (actually a critical addition in my case) is an Air Hawk saddle cushion. Because it makes me ride a little high in the saddle, I had to lower the bike about an inch to be able to flat foot the bike with it on. I can stay in the saddle practically all day with the AirHawk.

And last but not least, there are a lot of add-on vendors out there for the Versys.
    Thanks Mick. Hey PM me the info on fuse block,ground buss & relay stuff. I already installed heated gear & battery charger plugs. what is your avatar on the Versys forum ?

Bike
    2014 CTX Deluxe
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Congrats Dad!! Russ. (Plain yellow mustard?)

Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ardykay54 View Post
    Congrats Dad!! Russ. (Plain yellow mustard?)
    Good one Russ! I got a good laugh out of that.

Bike
    2004 ST1300A
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Man View Post
    Learning curve from 1600 to 650 wow.
    Kind of tough teaching an old dog some new tricks, right Tommy?!?
    Scooter

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." Albert Einstein

Bike
    '05 ST1300A
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Man View Post
    Thanks Mick. Hey PM me the info on fuse block,ground buss & relay stuff. I already installed heated gear & battery charger plugs. what is your avatar on the Versys forum ?
    I'll go ahead and just put the info here in case some other Versys owner wants to see it:

Versys Electrical Farkles w/ info HERE.

My avatar on KawasakiVersys.com:
    Wolfcamp

A couple of the farkle vendors I've used:
    MotoWerke - lots of Versys specific farkles. I got my lowering kit, crash bars, and GPS mount from them.

Stands:
    TRex Racing Stands - below is a pic of them in action in my garage. For the rear, i had to get this specific kind because the 3rd generation Versys ('15, '16, & '17) has a rear fender piece that comes down and interferes with the handle on the pitbull stand I used on my '09 Versys.

Bike
    2016 Kawasaki Versys
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Congrats Tom. I just sold my Wing/camping trailer and got this 2016 Versys 650 LT earlier this year. Thought I would miss the Wing as it was my 7th. WRONG. Every time I go out on the Versys Iím lovin it just that much more.

I know youíre gonna enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3BDC35C1-30E6-4319-A26A-F6303DB71EEB.jpg   90ABE877-825F-4D26-96D9-1EF22AC6C8B1.jpg  
    My 90 CBR1000F-Proven to go 160 in Northern NM (Gone but not forgotten)
    Retired U S Air Force (1986)
    STOC's Gary #297 Carole #320 1991 ST1100/2011 Aspen Sentry (both RIP)
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    BMW K1600GT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by gmast1100 View Post
    Congrats Tom. I just sold my Wing/camping trailer and got this 2016 Versys 650 LT earlier this year. Thought I would miss the Wing as it was my 7th. WRONG. Every time I go out on the Versys I’m lovin it just that much more.

I know you’re gonna enjoy it.
    What’s really a sharp looking bike & it’s all decked out too.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12