ST1100 Bar Riser Options

Across the river from Johnny Cash's one-time place
Bike
ST1100 2002
I have the Rox 2" risers. You can use the stock bars (7/8") and they allow 2 ranges of adjustment; the risers rock forward and back and the bars rotate up and down. I'm 5'10" and this provided me a near perfect riding position. Installed on my '95 ST1100ABS there was no need to get longer lines. I just re-routed the brake line over the triple clamp as described in this forum. The clutch line still has plenty of slack, but the throttle cables are at their limit. I ordered the risers on Amazon for $79 with free shipping. I can't speak to the plastic cover issue, as I took mine off and left it off. I never liked the Honda Civic vibe it gave me. IMHO the bike looks far better without the cover.
**That's encouraging. I'd like the 2" more height, espec. at stops--my and passenger's weight go too heaving forward--as well as just riding along but leaning fwd all the time. BMW riders are upright and relaxed, so why not us! How long did the installation take? I think I should telephone Rox for their guarantee that yes, stock cables will work--and especially that no replacement will be needed.

Randy 2002 ST1100 35K miles.

I really like those Rox risers. I've been toying with the idea of adding a rider's backrest to my seat but have been hesitant since I doubted how much I would actually use the backrest with the current riding position and the stock bar setup but if I could use the Rox risers to move the bars up and back a bit then the backrest would definitely be nice. I have a Corbin seat that is all cracked up that I was planning on modding a backrest onto and having it re-covered so I may have my winter projects planned out. :) Utopia makes a backrest kit but it's $225 and you still have to remove the seat cover and padding to install it so I may just build something myself using a backrest pad that I already have from another bike.

Rox Riser.jpg + st11seatpad.jpg = Riding Heaven :D

Attachments

Last edited:

spanner

An Aussie BLUE STeed owner
Bike
ST1100A
I like the idea of a back rest and the risers but really would like to be able to "flip it up" rather than have it solid like.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I made these for my ST1100. They are about 4 inches long. I had Brake Material and Parts in Ft. Wayne make up some longer brake & clutch hoses ( the originals needed replacement, anyway ). And I lengthened the cables going to each handlebar switch.

Handlebar Risers.jpg

The stock mount is below the riser, of course.

Top Bottom