Votes: 6 17.1%

Votes: 8 22.9%

Votes: 7 20.0%

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
Bike
1994 ST1100
STOC #
I 'm set on painting my '94 ST1100 which came to me with some custom paint already done. Unfortunately, the PO's taste is not one I share. So I'd like your opinion on the following versions of my idea. There are subtle differences between them, primarily at the tank and panniers, so I ended up with 12 variations to cover all possibilities. Let me know what you think!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Let me know what you think!
You asked, so... leave it black and spend your money on useful farkles. ;)

Sorry, not a big fan of custom paint jobs like that, unless it's just to change the overall color.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I like #11, but if you added a "swoop" on the pannier (similar to the tank on #10), it would grab me even more.

I do like the yellow, but it could even be a little darker.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Do you have a picture of the paint job as it exists now? I’m also a fan of a one color bike. One other option if you choose is to use colored vinyl to cover what you need and that way, it’s not permanent.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
I'm liking #12. But personally that shade of yellow isn't doing for me. But hey, that's just me. White with a thin blue or tangerine outline (or vice versa) is my taste.

Are you going to shoot it yourself? I know a guy who ships anywhere and his paint is spectacular. www.bdscycles.com

He is actually a member here too. Can't wait to see what he does with his ST.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
You want a bike that people ooooh and awwwwwww over? Paint it red, Pure Pearl Red, same as on the '95 thru '97 models.

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Yes what color is it now? There is a wrap paint that can be removed that I have seen on a few car. It looks pretty good. If you do not like it you can peel it off and start over without damage to the paint under it. No.1 on the choices above if those where my only choices.

Bike
R1200rt
color combo does not knock me out but sometimes it looks better in person.. Do not like the abrupt stop of the tank lines at the side cover. I think they should flow up to the seat line or peak into the side cover. I think it needs an accent on the fairing. I love two tones but cant see any way to do it on the st, Foose could do it!

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I'm liking #12. But personally that shade of yellow isn't doing for me. But hey, that's just me. White with a thin blue or tangerine outline (or vice versa) is my taste.

Are you going to shoot it yourself? I know a guy who ships anywhere and his paint is spectacular. www.bdscycles.com

He is actually a member here too. Can't wait to see what he does with his ST.

I just sent him (Bryan) an email- I think I might like to get my 94 painted (single color, like an Anthracite gray with black matte or black powder coated wheels)- how do you think that would look?

OP
OP
Loki WRX YZF
Bike
1994 ST1100
STOC #
Between 10 and 12 for me.
Thanks, Uncle Phil! I'm floating in that area, too, but closer to 9 and 10. I think 11 and 12 aren't quite balanced.

You asked, so... leave it black and spend your money on useful farkles. ;)

Sorry, not a big fan of custom paint jobs like that, unless it's just to change the overall color.

I (currently) have all the farkles I need. GPS with a bluetooth connection to my helmet headset and heated gear are perfectly adequate. The only other immediate consideration will be a Corbin seat. I don't think I could ride with a shelf full of gadgets.

Do you have a picture of the paint job as it exists now? I’m also a fan of a one color bike. One other option if you choose is to use colored vinyl to cover what you need and that way, it’s not permanent.
Yes what color is it now? There is a wrap paint that can be removed that I have seen on a few car. It looks pretty good. If you do not like it you can peel it off and start over without damage to the paint under it. No.1 on the choices above if those where my only choices.
This is what it currently looks like.

Original.jpgTail Feathers.jpg

The wrap idea is a consideration, but I have a couple of friends that do paint, so getting it done won't be too much of an issue. Especially since I can Photoshop it to look however I like, first.

You want a bike that people ooooh and awwwwwww over? Paint it red, Pure Pearl Red, same as on the '95 thru '97 models.
I'm not interested in being gawked at or feel that I have "the fastest color" or the "Blingiest" paint job. I just like to make my bikes unique in their appearance. That way I'll never get on the wrong one! lol

color combo does not knock me out but sometimes it looks better in person.. Do not like the abrupt stop of the tank lines at the side cover. I think they should flow up to the seat line or peak into the side cover. I think it needs an accent on the fairing. I love two tones but cant see any way to do it on the st, Foose could do it!
Thanks, Al st1100. I agree that it is a difficult subject to two-tone, which is why I posted the poll. It is a work in progress.

Thanks for your input, guys. I'm going to probably post a second poll as I whittle it down. I'll also add to this when I finish Photoshopping some ideas I had for the front upper.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I would go with #6. With a brighter yellow paint. I don't care for the yellow on the maint. panels

I owned a black bike (GS850) back in the '90's before the ST came along. I swore I'd never own another black bike, yet I now own one. It'll get a paint job or a plastic swap next summer.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
My first reaction was "Oh it looks like a yellowjacket or hornet", then I thought "Maybe he's a Steelers fan?". Black and yellow are a strong statement, but that's entirely your choice to make and nobody else's opinion counts.

I like #11.5, which is to say I like the saddlebag treatment on 11 but the fuel tank treatment on 12.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I like two- and three-tone paint. Loved it on my VF1100S and VF1000. And I likes that yellow but only as a solid (one-tone) paint.

So I don't care for any of them. For me the tank and front fender should be on color— in this case yellow. Then #10 probably. But I'd want more yellow and less— gray (?) anyway.

Top Bottom