"Ride To Live" Safety Course

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Today, David.David and I attended the "Ride To Live" Motorcycle Safety Course in Hawthorne California. The course was 8 hours of intense precision motorcycle training that included every conceivable riding skill that you need to keep yourself safe while riding. Hawthorne P.D. hosts the event and motorcycle officers from several local police departments assisted with the training. The course is funded by the State of California and is completely free to riders. They even provide food and drinks. I highly recommend that everyone who can make it to one of the 2018 course dates, do so. We also received Certificates of Training that should get our insurance discounted by about 10%...

https://ridetolive.com/

2018 Course Dates:

1. January 20th
2. February 24th
3. March 31st.

-Jay

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Florida has a similar course and Ashley and I attended earlier this year. No matter how long we have been riding it's important to continue learning.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Re: "Ride To Live" Safety Course

Florida has a similar course and Ashley and I attended earlier this year. No matter how long we have been riding it's important to continue learning.
+1 On training. Several of my alternative brand riding buddies question me when I take these classes. They comment that I've been riding for over 30 years so why do I need to take some stupid class? My response is that I am increasing my odds of riding safely for another 30 years by taking this class.

I took a advanced class a couple of years ago with my son who is a very good rider, but is low on experience. I instructed him to not see this as a chance to show how good he is, but a chance to see what it is that he doesn't know. He actually listened and came away with a better understanding of rider training.

Sent using Tapatalk

Top Bottom