Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Spring Rally 2018

Why arn't we riding? The Cheese's Avatar
    Bike
    1999 ST1100
    My Gallery

Georgia Spring Rally 2018

Georgia Spring Rally 2018

Pleased to announce the annual spring rally in beautiful Suches Georgia at Two Wheels of Suches.
    April 19-21, Thru-Sun
    -- RSVP Here --

Schedule as follows.

Thursday: Dinner at 6:00pm. Alpine Hot Dog & Grill Burger. No website. Everybody will meet and leave from T.W.o.S. at 5:00pm.

Friday: 8:00am Breakfast at T.W.o.S. 9:30am Group ride leaves for Lunch. Lunch at 1:00pm. Jim's Smokin' Que Nothing afterwards.

Saturday: 8:00am Breakfast at T.W.o.S. 9:30am Group ride leaves for Lunch. Lunch at 1:00. Manrique's Mexican Store. Small ride taking the long way back to camp. Dinner at 7:00pm. Gustavo's Pizzeria in Dahlonega.

Sunday: Nothing, go home people.

Details

Two Wheels of Suches has a large camping area, lodge with 3 rooms, 8 Cabins, a restaurant open on the weekends, newly built bath house, a large front porch to hang out on, and a large gravel parking lot in front for bikes only and a side lot for cars. Last time I was there they had a bike wash station. Camping is $15 a night. Cabins are $60 a night. Lodge rooms are $70 and up a night. T.W.o.S. Address: 1915 HWY 60, Suches, GA Phone Number (706) 973-1671

Jim's Smoking Que is the best BBQ around. Located in Blairsville. South of town of Hwy 129. They have pulled pork, brisket, chicken and smoked turkey. I have had people who say I got them addicted to this place. It really is a great place. Worthy of the ride down alone.

Manrique's Mexican Store is a small authentic Mexican restaurant. Located in Clayton. Serving traditional Mexican food. Tacos, burritos, tortas, and other plates. The salsa verde is wonderful. Be careful, their burritos are huge.

Gustavo's Pizzeria is in the town square of Dahlonega. Owned by a fellow ST-Owners member. Serving fresh made pizza and other Italian dishes. I cant rave about the food enough. It is a must visit. They have a great bar too.

Alpine Hot Dog & Grill Burger. This is a small place in Helen. Parking will require a little walking but will be free. They serve some wonderful German fair. Grilled sausage and hot dogs are the main attraction here. This will be the first time GA-STOC will be here.

Other

The area around Suches is one of the best places to ride in Georgia. Beautiful mountains. Awesome roads. Scenic overlooks. Local businesses you will not find anywhere else. The weather in this area at this time of year could be anything. Seriously. Anything. Dress accordingly. You should be bringing the rain gear and heated stuff. The weather forecast can not be trusted.

The roads can be quite twisty and technical. If you are not accustomed to the area it can be very tiring to ride here. Turns can and will bite you if you lose concentration. I'm not trying to scare you. Just a warning I feel I need to make. As long as you ride at a pace you feel comfortable, pay attention and not feel the need "to just keep up". You will be fine.

I look forward to the great fellowship this event will bring. I always enjoy seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I hope to see you in the spring.
    Shalom
    Michael

Soon to be seen on a

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

Why arn't we riding?
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    1999 ST1100
    My Gallery

Re: Georgia Spring Rally 2018

Reserves for any updates. Thanks.

Bike
    ST-1200
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

RSVP Added...

Bike
    ST1100
    My Gallery

I'll be keeping an eye on this as time goes by. See what the work situation is at the time.
    "Nothing screams bad craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape."

“After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.” Spock

Still above the sod ibike2havefun's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2018 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Ooooooooh I could maybe make this one- the Face of America event is not until the following weekend. Then again, I've got a trip at the beginning of the month for family business; not sure whether I can finagle three trips in four weeks. But it's a tantalizing prospect.
    -= Keith Adams =-
    Rockville, MD, USA
    STOC # 8824 -- Embarrassingly high but it's mine

Bike
    '01 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    2018 Miles

My Gallery

Just booked Cabin 3.

8. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    06 GL1800
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Just now seeing this as I'm not on the forum much anymore. Will most likely participate in the rides, but staying at home which is nearby...
    I am not young enough to know everything!

You don't have to have the last word to win the argument!

Bike
    98 ST1100
    My Gallery

I wanna try and make this if work will cooperate! It's a little early for me to commit.
    Last edited by St1100nut; 02-04-2018 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Bike
    Honda CTX1300D
    Tip Overs
    2018 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by STraymond View Post
    Just booked Cabin 3.
    STraymond, I have never been to Susches but I just looked at their site and put in our dates and they say Cabin 3 is still available. Might want to check with them.

Bike
    '01 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    2018 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy2036 View Post
    STraymond, I have never been to Susches but I just looked at their site and put in our dates and they say Cabin 3 is still available. Might want to check with them.
    Thanks for the heads up. I had to cancel my reservation, so Cabin 3 is now available if anyone in our group wants it.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast