Clutch Master Cylinder Leak

Bike
2004 ST1300
That may be grease dripping down from where someone may have tried to lubricate the lever at the bushing....which by the way is completely worn out and damaged.
Remove the 10mm nut underneath the lever, then unscrew the threaded rod and remove the lever.
You will find the bushing damaged and possibly the lever worn egg shaped as well.
Replace the bushing, lever, and boot now or it will damage the perch (master cylinder housing) which is about $400 dollars etc.
sure glad I had some crazy guy in AZ take care of my brakes....... you must be just coming into prime riding season- take care Larry

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
When you found the protector, Honda part number 45512-MA6-006, missing, or dislodged, did you replace it back into position correctly? It can be inserted into the housing both correctly, and incorrectly.
You want it inserted so that the shoehorn looking part is in the upward position, and there is a gap between it and the floor of the housing. This is very important. If it is inserted backwards, the corrector will be flush with the floor of the housing and BLOCK the return flow of the brake fluid and lock things up!
There is a picture of the part that Larry (@Igofar ) is referring to at this post: Brakes - Operation of the Master Cylinder. The part is the same in both the brake & clutch master cylinders, and I believe that the design of the ST 1100 and ST 1300 master cylinders is similar if not identical.

Michael

Top Bottom