First ride after the RT

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
The dash tpms numbers matched my handheld gauge numbers.
That would be unusual for my bike. When I first got the bike I was concerned over the discrepancy between TPM and gauge so I talked to the dealer about it and it was explained to me that the BMW computer compensates for temperature so unless you are measuring at 17ºC your gauge and TPM will not agree.

Gerhard

Bike
2006 Honda st1300
I love my ST. I've ridden BMW's, Harleys, and a few others. The ST is always my favorite.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
That would be unusual for my bike. When I first got the bike I was concerned over the discrepancy between TPM and gauge so I talked to the dealer about it and it was explained to me that the BMW computer compensates for temperature so unless you are measuring at 17ºC your gauge and TPM will not agree.

Gerhard
In fact it was between 15 and 18 degrees C when I took the readings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

Gerhard
The dealer is just giving you mumbo jumbo, IMO. I find that the transmitters aren't that accurate. Those in my RT are 2 psi and 4 psi low, respectively at those temperatures. And likewise, my Acura TPMS' are 3-4 psi off. (Those TPMS sensors are measured against multiple tire gages (all of which read within 1 psi of each other)). If someone has accurate TPMS, that's 'by chance' in my experience.

Top Bottom