Tested riding gear 12-15-2017 Friday.

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
I got hockey checked by a minivan on the 405 South just south of the 101 interchange.

Helmet not tested.
Rev'it Tornado 2 Jacket and pants tested.
rip in the right knee, spot holes where my house key where in the pocket
rip and melted right forearm, scuffed right shoulder, slight scuff on hip area.
gloves scraped knuckles (light)

Motorcycle
right mirror bent in, mirror cover scraped up abit, cracks in the middle cowl right side, lower cowl cracked, center cowl cracked by right mirror, engine guard scraped not sure if bent, MCL Peg bent and scraped and cover cracked, MCL rear crashbar, scratched and bent in (can't open right Pannier), right pannier scratched, and broken along the back end. under mirror light broken and smashed into middle cowl, glove box cracked and pushed in. sub frame in the upper cowl area is bent windshield still works but slightly miss aligned when fully up.

Alignment seems ok, emergency braking is ok as well.

the carpool lane was fully open after getting around a slow moving bus. apparently too open and inviting. mini van decided to get into the carpool lane on short notice. I was not lane splitting at the time. Colided left quarter panel and took of the bumper and the bumper cover clean off the minivan.

Getting a big bruise on my right side hip and down the leg. maybe a bruise on my right shoulder, and got a scrape on my forearm by the elbow. I am walking around fine with no real problems.
Gear gets a definite pass.
pics later.

Bike
2009 ST 1300
First I’m glad to hear you’re all right and you’re available to tell us the crash test outcome of your gear. That being said it sounds like you’re one lucky fellow could’ve been a lot worse Santa brought you an early Christmas gift this year that is health enjoy merry Christmas. sabrekip

Last edited:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Glad to hear you're ok! Another win for ATGATT.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Glad to hear you are ok. Bruises heal more quickly than bones. Sorry about the bike - from the superficial damage to the tupperware, it sounds like the insurance company will total it out.

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Glad you are ok!
+1 on ATTGATT.
I've had a few close calls and always wonder how my gear would hold up.
I hope I never find out.
Again, very glad you are ok.
Bike parts are cheap. Human parts are irreplaceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
Glad to know that you are only bruised and nothing broken!! I'm also curious to see how the gear held up (glad you were wearing it!).

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That sux! Glad you walked away, that's all that matters. Keep us updated.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dang Ed! Sorry to hear about the crash.

Test crashing gear sucks, but it's better than test crashing your skin!

Sounds like the bike will be "rubbed out"! :eek:4:

Good luck, keep us posted!

Bike
R1200rt
I got hockey checked by a minivan on the 405 South just south of the 101 interchange.

Helmet not tested.
Rev'it Tornado 2 Jacket and pants tested.
rip in the right knee, spot holes where my house key where in the pocket
rip and melted right forearm, scuffed right shoulder, slight scuff on hip area.
gloves scraped knuckles (light)

Motorcycle
right mirror bent in, mirror cover scraped up abit, cracks in the middle cowl right side, lower cowl cracked, center cowl cracked by right mirror, engine guard scraped not sure if bent, MCL Peg bent and scraped and cover cracked, MCL rear crashbar, scratched and bent in (can't open right Pannier), right pannier scratched, and broken along the back end. under mirror light broken and smashed into middle cowl, glove box cracked and pushed in. sub frame in the upper cowl area is bent windshield still works but slightly miss aligned when fully up.

Alignment seems ok, emergency braking is ok as well.

the carpool lane was fully open after getting around a slow moving bus. apparently too open and inviting. mini van decided to get into the carpool lane on short notice. I was not lane splitting at the time. Colided left quarter panel and took of the bumper and the bumper cover clean off the minivan.

Getting a big bruise on my right side hip and down the leg. maybe a bruise on my right shoulder, and got a scrape on my forearm by the elbow. I am walking around fine with no real problems.
Gear gets a definite pass.
pics later.
Did they give him a major for boarding or charging ??? They don't have gross misconducts any more !!

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
Glad your OK! Definitely a win for ATGATT. After looking at the pics of your gear I'd say that was a GREAT investment.
Hope your back up and riding soon.

Bike
2005 Honda ST1300
Sorry to hear about the wreck.

Let us know how the blame is assigned. When I was taken out by the left-turning, right-of-way-violating cage jockey who drove through my straight-heading, right-of-way left leg and knocked my bike out from under me, I accepted 10% blame just to avoid a month or two of arbitration.

They started with 80/20 and I told my insurance guy to push for 100/0 but accept 90/10 just to avoid delay.

Luck!
Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

OP
OP
Onicabbit

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
hip pad. so thin but so far no bruise in that spot (sore)...... but i can clearly see where the pad was compared to the rest of the bruise going down my the leg.20171219_205624.jpg

Top Bottom