Tested riding gear 12-15-2017 Friday.

Bike
2006 ST non abs
ATGATT. Enough said. Being a “gear tester†myself twice, I am so glad that you're able to folks about it. Heal fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Onicabbit

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
So general question on how to deal with if insurance wants to write off the bike as a loss. what are my options and how do i go about or figure out if it worth keeping or what not?

look like there a possible small oil leak, checking if i can now remove the plastics and investigate the source since the insurance adjuster took pictures today.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
how do i go about or figure out if it worth keeping or what not?
I have a little (very little) experience in this area but I'd say the first thing you have to do is ask the insurance company how much they want for it.

If that dollar figure doesn't immediately stun or otherwise dissuade then you can to about inspecting the bike and learning what's obvious and trying to plan for what's not.

If it's stored at a tow yard it's costing them (usually) money to keep it there and that may give you some negotiation leverage.

OP
OP
Onicabbit

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
I have a little (very little) experience in this area but I'd say the first thing you have to do is ask the insurance company how much they want for it.

If that dollar figure doesn't immediately stun or otherwise dissuade then you can to about inspecting the bike and learning what's obvious and trying to plan for what's not.

If it's stored at a tow yard it's costing them (usually) money to keep it there and that may give you some negotiation leverage.
Thanks. so update is they are not going to total the bike. the suspected oil leak was just radiator fluid mixed with road grime (already existing issue from bad stealership)
I will probably drop it off at my trusted dealership for the quote and repairs next week.

Bike
R1200rt
Thanks. so update is they are not going to total the bike. the suspected oil leak was just radiator fluid mixed with road grime (already existing issue from bad stealership)
I will probably drop it off at my trusted dealership for the quote and repairs next week.
judging by your pics and what I see at the salvage auctions it is totaled. There was $3100 damage to my bike and it was nowhere near your damage. https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?154182-MnSTOC-8-(8-10-12-2017)-Lanesboro-MN/page3&highlight=MnSTOC+2017 4th post down

Top Bottom