At last, I have one

Picked up a nice 2005 ST on Monday, and having ridden her for the last 3 days I'm so glad I did. It's my first proper touring bike (the Blackbird was more sports that tourer) and it's taking a little getting used to after having spent several years on an R1150GS, but it's reminded me how much I love biking. looking through the screen rather than over it is a bit surreal but I could get used to the lack of buffeting.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Welcome from West Yorkshire. Congratulations on the new Pan. Does your bike not have an adjustable screen then ?

There is a bit of room to drop the screen down on the ones without the motor adjustment apparently - I've never had to do it, but ti was a feature described when the Pan first came out.

A screen with a slight flip-up allows the bike to be ridden looking over the top of the screen and have the air deflected over your head. The original Honda screen directs it straight into your eyes ! Mine came off immediately and I replaced it with a BikeQuip screen. Keith at BikeQuip has been very ill, is now recovering, but is in the process of selling the business. Such accessories may be available again soon. Link

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Congrats..!!! Excellent choice! Try the screen just below your sight line. Should throw the wind mostly around you.

ToddC

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Congrats... the adjustable screenis a great feature. I might move mine 3 times on 1 ride depending on speed and conditions. Don't have to move it much to make a difference. Of course in the summer I put on a screen I cut down 5 1/2" for better air flow.

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Welcome. I've been part of this forum for over 6 years, it's been very helpful with maintenance and accessories.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Keith at BikeQuip has been very ill, is now recovering
This is very good news. Too bad about selling the business but no doubt a smart move considering his health.

That the products might again be available is also good news.

OP
OP
Yes, it has the adjustable screen. I'm in my 4th day of ownership now and getting used to it. I'm finding mostly that I keep it at its lowest up to around 50 and then gradually rising it until I'm at the top at 70. I did try sticking it to the point that the top is just on the horizon but although the wind deflection is about right I found the top of the screen distracting. I'll find a comfortable spot soon though no doubt.
i can also understand what people say now when they talk about the gentle push from behind with the screen fully up.
i'm hoping that Keith's business does continue but I can understand how ill health and self employment just aren't good bedfellows. I'd really like to get a set of the pannier fillers at some point, but at the moment my first three purchases are going to be a Haynes book of lies, a Miguel RAM mount and a Bagster tank harness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom