Need Recommendation

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
The Nuvi I use on my MC (a 1450) may be on the fritz so I've been researching Zumo's. Reviews of both the 395 & 595 have not been kind to these very expensive units.

Is there any waterproof gps of any brand out there that is reliable and routes like you tell it? It must be able to import gpx files.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Here I go - Chinavasion 5 Inch Motorcycle GPS. I'd buy it directly from Chinavasion though they are sold on EBay.

https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/GPS-Sat_Nav_Devices/Portable_GPS/5-Inch-Motorcycle-GPS/

They do not come with GPS software, but I can give the link to buy that also.
I've been very happy with these 5 Inch Units as I have one for each of my ST1100s and one for each of my other vehicles.
I've used them in New Zealand and in Europe and all over the States and Canada with no problems.
They are definitely glove friendly and waterproof as mine have been out in the rain for hours at a time.
The only issue is the screen does fade about like the ST1300 dash if the sun is behind you.
If I can be of help or answer any questions, let me know.
Just a note - I use mine every day back and forth to work just to see how they hold up to constant use.
They have had no problems and have the same 1 year warranty as a Garmin.
As I said in the other thread, GPSBABEL easily converts from GPX to KML and I have a VB NET program that does it all if you want it.
They are like any other GPS in that you have to put enough waypoints to make it go where you want to go.
But the software has a nice 'flyover' option to see if you got what you wanted. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mick
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Thanks for the info Phil.

Right now I'm trying to run down a problem with a non-sense error message flashing up repeatedly. I'm experimenting with a few things to run down the cause of the problem. Hopefully I can get the 1450 fixed. If not I'll definitely look into the China Vision.

Top Bottom