Prayers for Frances McDonald

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Mom, has suffered a fifth stroke. She's 88. She's lost all cognitive ability and is slowly withering away, she's cold and clammy and the blood pressure is dropping. It looks like she is suffering to me; naw I know she is. With each stroke she lost capability. For 5 years now she's been unable to talk except for yes and a I-don't-know shrug. I pray for a quick painless end.

Went through this suffering bit with my dad in 2011 who got Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) which is related to ALS. Then I stopped riding for about 2 years. Now, again, I can't find it within me to throw a leg over the ST. Not sure I'll see anyone this year, but I will be thinking about you.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Reginald, I pray for the best outcome possible for your mom and also for you. There is healing on this side of the grave and healing on the other side of the grave and it's OK to ask for what side is best and let it go. God does the rest.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Sorry to hear of this Reginald. Prayers lifted to God that you, family, and her are strengthened in this difficult time. :pray1:

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Been thru something similar. So painful to watch. She might not be able to understand you but tell her you love her and whisper in her ear that she was a great mom and it's OK to let go. Pray for the good lord to gently take her into his arms and give her peace.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I'm sorry to read this, Reginald. I went through similar situations with both my parents. May you find strength and courage and may your mom's passage be peaceful.
You will be in my thoughts.

Patty

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Thoughts are with you. Relief will come soon, we all hope, for you and yours.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
May it comfort you to know that your ST family joins in your sadness. Like many others here, I understand your pain... my parents, wife and just last month my dear sister.

I pray for a gentle and kind passing.

Sincerely, John

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
So sorry to hear this news, Reginald, especially around the holidays. Sending prayers for peace, strength and serenity.

John

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
You are in our thoughts and prayers. I understand, my father passed away December 1, at the age of 63. Throat cancer, 3 heart attacks, blood pressure, diabetes, and many other issues that accelerated his passing. Take every day as a blessing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Reginald

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Update, Mom passed 12/24/2017 about 1:00 p.m. I missed being there by about 15 minutes. The nursing home hadn't had time to let me know and the staff was afraid to talk to me when I told them I thought she had gone to her maker. After I assured them I had no fuss, they became sympathetic and explained the time line. I was so grateful her suffering ended that all my stress left me; though, I now have a profound sadness, but I'm relaxed now. Here's to Frances Jackson McDonald, a great mom, world traveler (lived in 5 countries), and world class party giver; love you!

She might not be able to understand you but tell her you love her and whisper in her ear that she was a great mom and it's OK to let go.
I did this very thing Saturday. I could tell she was stressed by the expression on her face and ragged breathing. You know, her faced eased and she started breathing easier after I told her my goodbyes and that I'd take care of her and return her to her family. I had a feeling this was my last chance to talk to her.

Thanks so much for your prayers and best wishes. I know I'm not the only one who's gone through this and my prayers are with you too.

Truly have a merry Christmas (I will I'm having kids and fiances over for Christmas Dinner) and may your health never flag.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
More thoughts, prayers and warm-fuzzies your way. Sorry to hear this but understand completely that she is at rest. Good that you were able to say your goodbyes.

My father passed on Christmas Eve, 2014.

Bike
2009 ST 1300
I did this very thing Saturday. I could tell she was stressed by the expression on her face and ragged breathing. You know, her faced eased and she started breathing easier after I told her my goodbyes and that I'd take care of her and return her to her family. I had a feeling this was my last chance to talk to her.

You are a Very good son. Godspeed

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I hope the closeness of family and the warmth of the holiday season helps with your loss.......she is in a better place.

ToddC

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Update, Mom passed 12/24/2017 about 1:00 p.m. I missed being there by about 15 minutes. The nursing home hadn't had time to let me know and the staff was afraid to talk to me when I told them I thought she had gone to her maker. After I assured them I had no fuss, they became sympathetic and explained the time line. I was so grateful her suffering ended that all my stress left me; though, I now have a profound sadness, but I'm relaxed now. Here's to Frances Jackson McDonald, a great mom, world traveler (lived in 5 countries), and world class party giver; love you!

Thanks so much for your prayers and best wishes. I know I'm not the only one who's gone through this and my prayers are with you too.

Truly have a merry Christmas (I will I'm having kids and fiances over for Christmas Dinner) and may your health never flag.
Condolences, I lost my mom in July (Still have not completely processed it) and can completely understand the stress/sadness exchange. Prayers and good wishes to you and yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Sorry for your loss Reg. I know the feeling. I missed my Dad’s passing by an hour 5 1/2 years ago. Didn’t get to say my good-byes to my Mom either. It’s stressful for sure.

May your Mom RIP

Top Bottom