The best gas mileage on my ST1100 has been 43 mpg, is something wrong?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Winfried said:
Then what is with the 6th gear that they are spouting about?
A joke son a joke. Hence the wink-y emoji.

Slydynbye said:
I'm just always looking for another gear or just checking to make sure I'm in 5th, the highest one available.
Me too. More than once I've been in 4th awhile and stayed there even though the road opened up. And at speed 5th always feels like 4th to me. One of the things I liked about my Duc— long legs.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I recall after riding super high-revving 600cc super sports bikes all day at Buttonwillow race way near Bakersfield, I rode all the way back to the base of the grapevine on my ST without realizing I'd left it in third! My first clue was when I let off the throttle on an off ramp there and the bike slowed faster than expected, second clue was I hit "N" after only two downshifts D'oh!

Bike
2002 Honda ST1100
Best I got was 47 mpg bu usally average 45. I was getting 40 mpg and after posting here I finally changed the air and fuel filter and now back to averaging 45 mpg.

Bike
R1200rt
More questions, are the Canadians using miles or kilometers?? Next are we checking miles by GPS or factory miscalculated odometer? I was getting 48 to 50 mpg with the factory odometer, with a GPS I get between 43 to 48. Heading out west on a 5k trip I averaged 43(west bound) averaged 48 east headed home, tail wind and down hill. I fly Chicago to Vegas frequently and the trip home is 20-30 minutes faster, tail wind.

Top Bottom