CT1300 vs ST1300 used price comparison

Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
If u want to buy st1300 under 20k miles in FL usually asking price 6k isnt it too much when u can buy CTX1300 deluxe for 7500?

Bike
2006 ST1300
Generally, there's a REASON for bikes ( or anything else) costing much less. Apparently, the CTX did not sell too well, and it appears from the used market, the owners aren't having much better luck selling used ones. I sat on one, but it was a bit crowded for me. I like the looks of it, in general, but the ST is a better fit.

RobbieAG

Robert
Bike
2005 ST1300
In spite of the commonality of the engine (even though tuned very differently), it's really apples and oranges. Only you can decide which is a better value to you.

Bike
VStrom 650
+1 Apples and Oranges, but give it a whirl sounds a bargain.
They didn't sell well over here either, bit of an oddball I suppose. I like em though.
Upt'North.

They're not the same bike.

I recently bought a second ST with less than 5k miles for $6k. For me, the ST is a much better fit for my riding style than a CTX.

Decide if you want a sport touring bike or a bagger, then find and buy.

Bike
CTX1300
STOC #
I'm an ex St1100 owner, Ex Gold Wing 160000 mile owner, Have some miles on my sons St1300, and some other adv bikes thrown in. Presently own a Ctx 1300 That I've ridden almost 57,000 miles. This bike fit a catagory just a knotch below a Wing. It's not quite as plush as a Wing but much plusher than a ST. Its a good long distance runner at interstate speeds , 700 mile days are no problem even at my age, handles well for a tourer in the twisties but not as nimble as a ST 1100/1300 in the twisties. Good gas mpg . Great Honda reliablity. Has a few quirks if youre coming from a Wing, but easily fixable for very little money. I paid almost the full pop price when it came out, but at todays new leftover prices I think its the bargain of the industry. It did not sell because of Hondas dumb merchandising. If they do a little rethinking they will have a winner. Hope this helps.. Happy New Year CTX Otto

Bike
VStrom 650
CTX Otto, nice write up and insight. Just checked and nearly new with low miles and in touring spec over here are about 8500 sterling, so US prices sound blummin incredible. They still seem a bargain at our prices, I think they were about 14 sterling for a standard bike, so at least 15 in touring spec.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom