importing ST1100 from Canada to US

OP
OP
Bike
Honda 2000 ST1100
Just so I haven’t lost the plot:
Dan buys a 93 ST1100 from a Canadian who delivers it to Maryland.
Dan can’t register said bike because it doesn’t have a DOT sticker.
Contact is made with Karen as she imported a bike from Canada a few years back.
Karen tells Dan that she imported that exact motorcycle i.e. same VIN.
Have I missed something or did Karen import a different 93 ST1100?

If it’s the exact same bike that has to be some kind of cosmic coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good One...!!! no cosmic mumbo jumbo.... just same Model and Year... ;)

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
thanks for all the effort and figuring this out...
Maybe you have already tried this but anyway...... I came across a tab on the Honda Canada website that is specifically for obtaining a USA compliance letter. The tab itself does not provide any useful information but it does include a button to click to email them with any questions. Can't hurt to try emailing them for the compliance letter.
Go to this page- Contact Us
Click on the Import / Export Information Requested tab.
Click on the MOVING TO USA tab.
Click on the USA COMPLIANCE LETTER tab where you will find a Still have a question? EMAIL US button.

However, as I previously wrote in an earlier post the safety and emissions compliance letter must come from American Honda because you are importing in to the USA. Honda Canada states the same thing. Also on this page under the CANADIAN VEHICLE RECALL CLEARANCE LETTERS it states the following;
You will also need a compliance letter from American Honda to stipulate that your Canadian vehicle complies with the applicable U.S. safety and emissions requirements. You must contact American Honda at their toll-free number, 1-800-999-1009, and request a "Compliance Letter". Have your VIN ready as American Honda will require it in order to provide the letter.

Good luck!

Top Bottom