CorTech 18L Magnetic Tank Bag

Anybody bought one?

• Nope.. too expensive and don’t need it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
It's padded and has a heavy vinyl almost ‘rubbery' bottom. I've had mine on and off every time I ride, no issues so far!:cool:

One of my favorite things is how easier it goes on and goes off. If you grab the front handle and lift, it lifts right off and the magnets snap into the closed positions. Makes it easy to carry inside if you're stopped somewhere ‘iffy'.

(I carry a cheap motion sensor alarm in the front pocket, if I'm worried I set that before going inside... it's loud and will hopefully deter anyone sitting on the bike or grabbing the bag!) see pictures*

It will hold my canon rebel and a 75-300mm lens, a small tripod and extra filters, cleaning stuff, batteries etc.. with room to spare. It's also nicely lined, so no worries about damaging camera equipment.
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I bought this one in 2014 to replace a Mini which had been discontinued. Quickly it went on the shelf to collect dust as I missed having the large map pocket of the Mini. This map pocket is small and tapered at the bottom, more or less useless if you like folding a map down to a 100-150 mile long rectangle. I searched the net until I found another Mini. Alas, I lost that Mini a year ago. For a man purse I use a Super Mini and stuff it in a saddlebag and pretty do without a tank bag at all anymore.

OP
OP
Chance

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
Are you sure yours wasn’t the 12 L? It’s significantly smaller. Not being a map user, I can’t speak to how many miles of folded map fit in the pocket. :rolleyes:

That’s not meant to be mocking. I really haven’t ever used the map pockets for maps. :eek::confused:

Last edited:
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
to replace a Mini which had been discontinued. Quickly it went on the shelf to collect dust as I missed having the large map pocket of the Mini
Is this the Cortech Mini version that you had Dave? Not really anything quite the same out there anymore, that I've found.

I have the map pocket from the next larger version. It's a little bigger than the one that came with it.
(For some strange reason), people don't care so much about the map thing anymore.

Attachments

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Is this the Cortech Mini version that you had Dave? Not really anything quite the same out there anymore, that I've found.

I have the map pocket from the next larger version. It's a little bigger than the one that came with it.
(For some strange reason), people don't care so much about the map thing anymore.
Yes. That's the one. I made a map holder base out of an old wet suit so I could use the removable map holder on the NC 700X which carries it's own "tank bag" in the frunk.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I am so excited. I just went to get the parcel that arrived. Mine just came in and what a fantastic product! I couldnt have designed it better and more practical. More to follow once I get to go riding in the spring. Woohoo!
IMG_0643.jpg

OP
OP
Chance

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
I am so excited. I just went to get the parcel that arrived. Mine just came in and what a fantastic product! I couldnt have designed it better and more practical. More to follow once I get to go riding in the spring. Woohoo!
IMG_0643.jpg
Hey! Congratulations! I’m glad you’re impressed. It really does come across as great quality, agreed?

I hope you love yours as much as I do mine! Keep me posted?

Cheers!

Troy

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Yes, the quality is there and the creature comforts look good as well. I don't find it too big that it would interfere with the controls. Looks great! Sure its a higher priced unit, but in this case I believe I get what I paid for.

Bike
2007 ST1300A
I have the 12L and I must say that I have been very impressed with its overall design. One of my better purchases, and it enhances the silver of my 07’
you won’t be dissapointed!

OP
OP
Chance

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
Hey.. added a poll... curious if you bought one. If yes, what are YOUR impressions?

Top Bottom