Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: GSF400 Bandit rebuild

  1. #11
    (Threadstarter)
    Boon's Avatar
    Bike
    ST1300
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10
    My Gallery

    Re: GSF400 Bandit rebuild

    Sorry forgot to say it's a 1992, imported to the UK in 2001

    I also have

    2010 Sym 125cc scooter (yes yes I know but it uses less than a gallon of fuel to get me to work and back for a week lol! And saves my Pan for pure pleasure)

    This Bandit, 1992

    1999 ST1100 50th anniversary edition currently under restoration

    and my 2002 ST1300

  2. #12
    Site Supporter DavidR8's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 ST1300
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    979
    Tip Overs
    2
    My Gallery

    Re: GSF400 Bandit rebuild

    Yup I miss my Yamaha XS400.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David
    STOC 8968
    2005 w/ factory topbox


  3. #13
    Gettin old sux gmast1100's Avatar
    Bike
    2016 Kawasaki Versys
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Granbury, TX
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,827
    My Gallery

    Re: GSF400 Bandit rebuild

    Gotta love those little 400’s. I had this red 75 F back in the 80’s. Also had this 76 F yellow. Loved both of them. And at the same time had this blue 76 550F.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 814E9FDE-26F9-4B23-8977-30640FC6AE28.jpg   F22C6C2F-840F-4ADF-8724-6BB44A2D212A.jpg   07C1F608-CC96-4AD3-A446-C3BD5C34FE17.jpg  
    My 90 CBR1000F-Proven to go 160 in Northern NM (Gone but not forgotten)
    Retired U S Air Force (1986)
    STOC's Gary #297 Carole #320 1991 ST1100/2011 Aspen Sentry (both RIP)
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT

  4. #14
    240Robert ST Gui's Avatar
    Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF-Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,125
    My Gallery

    Re: GSF400 Bandit rebuild

    Quote Originally Posted by JimGregory
    I think you should keep that little bike forever. I would.
    I agree. A smaller second bike is a great addition to the ST if time/space/money/desire allow.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boon
    75% of me says keep her and the other 25% says I don't need her!
    That would be enough for me to keep it but then I'm kinda lazy that way. I might opt for something that appeals to me more but I'd still like to have a smaller second bike. Or even a lighter not necessarily smaller bike.
    Don't tell me what I know. Tell me what I don't know.

    Ride safe, ride often.

  5. #15
    (Threadstarter)
    Boon's Avatar
    Bike
    ST1300
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10
    My Gallery

    Re: GSF400 Bandit rebuild

    All I know is I need a bigger workshop, but then I'd fill it with more junk, tools and bikes hahaha!

    I'd quite like a NT700 as a daily, let's see what this year brings!

  6. #16
    Site Supporter MaxPete's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 ST1300 ABS
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Windsor, Canada
    Posts
    1,186
    Tip Overs
    1
    My Gallery

    Re: GSF400 Bandit rebuild

    Quote Originally Posted by Boon View Post
    All I know is I need a bigger workshop, but then I'd fill it with more junk, tools and bikes hahaha!

    I'd quite like a NT700 as a daily, let's see what this year brings!
    Wouldn’t we all Boon! Remember Pete’s First Rule of Tools and Toys:

    “He who dies with the most tools and toys - wins”

    Pete
    Last edited by MaxPete; 01-13-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •