Pan Lake Photo

Bike
VStrom 650
Bute 2017 020.jpg

Nice picture Fawlty. Made me look back at a few of my trip pictures including this one from last May on Argyle's Secret Coast in SW Scotland. It was probably the best May morning I can ever remember, 80 degree's by breakfast time and the smell of the sea and pine forests in the air. I seem to remember I didn't get above 30 for what seemed like hours, trundling along lochs and glens with not a soul in sight. Bliss. Scotland doesn't often give you such lovely conditions but these I will never forget.
It's amazing that a bike ride can give us so much, after all it's just transport.
So come on folks, some pictures please to warm our appetite for the season ahead, or for those who live upside down the season that will soon be gone.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
Fawlty
Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
Thanks guys. I'm very lucky to live here. Bikers paradise really. The roads here are so quiet, the motorways especially so, compared to the UK. Went out again on Sunday 21c. Just got back now after a 30 mile run, cooler (16c), windy, but sunny. I'll be posting some more pics soon. Upt' North; The one thing I do miss is the greenery. Lovely photo!

Last edited:

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Normandy Lake and Dam on the Duck River near Tullahoma, Tennessee. This was in Sept. 2016, just a few months after acquiring my ST. Not a great pic; too much parking lot in the frame. I was out for a ride to move the TN tag that day and almost used this pic, but ended up using the one from the George Dickel Distillery instead (message #179 in the TN Tag forum).

IMG_20160925_110401.jpg

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Some of my lake pictures from my Canada 2013 trip and one of my favorites from Crater Lake (the second picture) -

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
VStrom 650
DSC01522.jpg

This is a view from a ride from home to Portugal, this is a road through the Picos in northern Spain, we had just ridden through rain, fog with visibility down to sod all, then this appeared. Didn't rain again for three weeks. Heaven.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
Fawlty
Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
DSC01522.jpg

This is a view from a ride from home to Portugal, this is a road through the Picos in northern Spain, we had just ridden through rain, fog with visibility down to sod all, then this appeared. Didn't rain again for three weeks. Heaven.
Upt'North.
Love the Picos de Europa. Particularly liked the Potes area. Not been on the bike yet though.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
All right I'll play along too. I just got back from a 4000km 8-day trip from my Auckland home to the southern most tip of the South Island, here in New Zealand. Plenty of nice lake photos, this one is Lake Pukaki, the brilliant blue is due to being fed from a glacier in the Southern Alps.

Bike
VStrom 650
Nice piccy Terry, envious of your trip but hopefully not long before our season starts.
Just one thing though, there's an ugly lump of British steel behind your lovely ST.
Before anyone jumps down my throat, only joking. Sort of.
Enjoy the rest of your riding time.
Upt'North.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Nice piccy Terry, envious of your trip but hopefully not long before our season starts.
Just one thing though, there's an ugly lump of British steel behind your lovely ST.
Before anyone jumps down my throat, only joking. Sort of.
Enjoy the rest of your riding time.
Upt'North.
Actually I'm quite partial to the Rocket; it goes like it's namesake (NASA's, not Stephenson's!), sounds epic doing so and has a sort of marine engine aesthetic that makes it stand apart for the v-twin cruiser crowd.

Top Bottom