Handle bars

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Look at bar risers, instead of different bars. ROX makes a variety of sizes. A 2" Rox riser can be installed and, by re-routing some hoses and cables, requires no other changes.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I would try and find a Heli-bars as a solution.
For the OP, living in Ireland, that would likely be a very difficult find. HeliBars are getting rarer than hen's teeth over here too, although, it is a good suggestion. I had a set of the original HB on my '95 ST , sold 'em with the bike and put the 2" Rox risers on my '96ST. For me, the Rox set up was just as comfy as the HeliBars.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
You could try SW-MOTECH 7/8" Handlebar Risers I have a 50mm set, they were easy to install,
I added a longer Stainless braided brake line. Because of the angle of the bar clamp it comes up and back.

Attachments

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I made a set of home brew 4 inch risers and then had a set of longer custom brake and clutch lines made by Brake Material & Parts in Ft. Wayne, IN. I still had the original lines on the bike, so it was time to replace them anyway. BM&P will replicate the OEM's exactly and at a cost much less than OEM or other options.

I also had to lengthened the cables going to the L & R handlebar switches. The downside is that the handlebar cover can't be installed.

028 (600 x 450).jpg

Last edited:

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I have Helibars on the 2000 and risers on the 94 (it came with them)- I find both bikes to be equally comfortable to ride, so in truth, I agree with getting risers, and I’m certain they would be much cheaper as well.

Top Bottom