H4 LED - 2018 Evitek, F2 replaces G6

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Catmandu2 said:
Kind of surprising that the fan does not have a guard or screen of some kind. The instructions say be careful not to touch it,,, or you might impede the fans performance,,,,
That's odd. Is the bulb open at the back? IIRC the G6 was fully enclosed. Maybe they figure once mounted nothing should get to the fan. Huh.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Yes,,, the F2 is completely open on the back. I assume they are trying to maximize the airflow for cooling purposes. But it is not going to cool very well if something fouls the fan. The fan is slightly recessed within the heat sink. And the fan blade has a fairly big center hub. All the same,, I will have to watch out for anything loose which might pose a threat. Cat'

That's odd. Is the bulb open at the back? IIRC the G6 was fully enclosed. Maybe they figure once mounted nothing should get to the fan. Huh.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Saves the cost of drilling and tapping 3 holes, assembly time to manually mount the cover, cost of the cover and screws. Fan is so small there was no need for the cover. Less restriction means better air flow. Cover will collect dust. It makes it easier for us to clean it with compressed air if needed without the cover. win-win.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Yes I have and they work fine if they are mounted where there is lots of air flow. Cooling is extremely important, if the emitters get too hot they will fail instantly. With these lights at 20 to 30 watts there is a lot of heat to dissipate. Sitting in traffic or long idle time at traffic lights would be a bad thing. If there is a fitment issue with the fan type of light and need to use the braid heat sink I would mount a small cpu type fan near by to keep air moving on the braid. If you have a bike that has a sealed cover behind the light, stuffing the braid under the cover would be fatal to the leds.... leave the cover off or cut a hole in the cover.. Led lights need moving air to last a long time.

Bike
ST 1300A
LEDBulbInstallProb.jpgJust wondering if anyone who has installed these LED bulbs with the fan had any issues with the spring clip on the base interfering with the installation. I purchased some LED replacement bulbs from Cyclops Adventure Sports and was unable to install them because I could not insert the bulbs all the way due to the interference from the retaining spring. The spring was hitting the fan housing. Do the Evitek bulbs have this issue? .........................Thanks

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
I just looked through my pile of old bulbs and yes the newer bulbs from Evitek have more room to accommodate the the clip. I remember the old bulbs were a pain. The newer ones go in much easier. Though the spring clip is a bear on it's own...

Bike
ST 1300A
I just looked through my pile of old bulbs and yes the newer bulbs from Evitek have more room to accommodate the the clip. I remember the old bulbs were a pain. The newer ones go in much easier. Though the spring clip is a bear on it's own...

These new Cyclops lights I was trying to install are a little more advanced than the Evitek. They are 25 watts low and 50 watts high power and I heard from my nephew that they are incredibly bright on his Honda NC700. The low beam cutoff is supposed to be very good also. Just frustrating that they won't quite fit on my ST.............Thanks for the information you provided...................Greg

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
GregO1969 said:
Just frustrating that they won't quite fit on my ST....
Why is that? Not enough room behind the bulb? If the NC700 uses a 'standard' H4 like the Pan versions of the ST it could probably be modded to fit the ST just as many of us have with halogen and now the Evitek G6 bulbs.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Is this the bulb you're referring to? It has the same H4 base that we've modded (by cutting off the two bottom 'legs') and popping into the headlights.

There could be other fitment problems like the wire bale pressing against the body pushing it out of alignment.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The bulb with the XHP50 emitter (cyclops) is not as good as the new Evitek bulbs. There are a few subtle reasons.
measure the power your self. It is 28 watts low and 28 watts high. They do light both low and high emitters on high beam.
The XHP50 makes a fat beam pattern. I think it makes a good off road light where you want light everywhere. I have one in my DRZ400.
They advertise it as 50 watts but it is not running at that power level. They use those numbers to compete with the outrageous numbers stated by other vendors.

The new F2 by Evitek is 30 watts low beam and 30 watts high beam. The emitters are closer to the center line so the light is more focused meaning more light down the road.
I have the F2s in my ST and the high beam punches down the road well over a mile..... stunning.

If you drive a lot at night the F2 is a winner. Now again the differences are subtle and many may not see the differences that I do...

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300
Hello Howard,
Good day!

I have come back from my new year holiday. Today i will start to prepare your order.

Once i send it out, i will give you the tracking number.

Best Regards,
Cindy

Loving this level of customer care. Can't wait to get them fitted.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I just sent her an email telling her what I wanted and asking her to send me a paypal bill. Paypal has all my shipping info. I hope this will be enough.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
As I recall I sent a request for the G6s and she sent an invoice. I used PayPal to pay the invoice and Bob's your uncle. Got the lights a couple of weeks later maybe less.

pumper316

SaTx Speed Demon!
Bike
'04 ST1300A
These new Cyclops lights I was trying to install are a little more advanced than the Evitek. They are 25 watts low and 50 watts high power and I heard from my nephew that they are incredibly bright on his Honda NC700. The low beam cutoff is supposed to be very good also. Just frustrating that they won't quite fit on my ST.............Thanks for the information you provided...................Greg
I have the cyclops 7000 lumens leds installed on my ST. It does take a little playing around with the clip along with some bending and finessing of the clip in order to make it fit. I had the Evitek G6's on my ST before I switched over to the Cyclops, great beam pattern and brightness.

Bike
ST 1300A
I have the cyclops 7000 lumens leds installed on my ST. It does take a little playing around with the clip along with some bending and finessing of the clip in order to make it fit. I had the Evitek G6's on my ST before I switched over to the Cyclops, great beam pattern and brightness.
Thanks for the response....... I'm going to bend the wire clip and see if I can get them installed. If I don't bend the clip it will exert force on the bulb fan housing and push the bulb out of alignment...... I'll post back when and if I get it working......... Greg

Bike
2005 st1300
Thanks for the response....... I'm going to bend the wire clip and see if I can get them installed. If I don't bend the clip it will exert force on the bulb fan housing and push the bulb out of alignment...... I'll post back when and if I get it working......... Greg
This is exactly what I did when I installed my G6's. My bales were severely pushing on the fan housings at first. Fortunately, i had my headlamp housing off of the bike during winter work so it was easy to bend the wires to make everything work.

Top Bottom