Newly Painted 1994 ST1100 ABS

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
https://www.flickr.com/photos/162224977@N06/shares/vB6nV9

It’s back home and I really love how it turned out- it was a good bike at 5 feet or so but the black paint was starting to show its age, plus, the wheels were really scratched up from tire changes in the past (prior owners I guess). Anyway, here it is in a nice slate gray color- all of the Honda logos were airbrushed and there are black accents seen on some of the pics (like on the saddlebags as well as other ares of the bike). The wheels were powder coated in satin black and I had 90 degree valve stems installed as well by Bryan Dwight (see below).

As in the pics, I have a 2004 MR2 Spyder with a non matched hard top (these were imported used from the UK as they were never a US spec item). Anyway, it was originally a light silver that didn’t look bad, but the paint was a little worn and it needed a few fiberglass repairs). I like a darker color for the hard top but wanted something different (I could have had it painted the color of the rest of the car, but I wanted a different look).

I’m really pleased how it all turned out. The shop that did the work is BD’s Cycles (www.bdscycles.com) and the artist is Bryan Dwight (he is the owner of BD’s Cycles) and he owns a 2003 ST1300 as well. He has a FB page as well. He picked up the bike and hard top and delivered them back to me as well today (his shop is in Lancaster, SC).

It’s now one of a kind. It’s also nice to keep these older bikes on the road (and it’s way cheaper than getting a new bike). Plus, with the recent rehab done (timing belt, hoses, and fluids), I won’t have to touch it except for oil changes for quite a while. I had new tires installed as long as I was getting all of this done (Pirelli Angel GT’s).

Thanks for watching!

This one was left out of the series for some reason on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/162224977@N06/u6E6p0

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That looks great, it's a very classy color.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Absolutely awesome! That color looks outstanding on it. I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. Bryan is a great guy to deal with too.

EDIT: I happen to give him a call today just to shoot the breeze. He didn't pick up and now I know why. ;)

Top Bottom