90 degree valve stems - size for the ST1100 wheels???

Bike
2002 ST1100
I'll be changing the tires soon and I'd like to put in the 87 / 90 degree aluminum stems I've been reading about. For my 2002 ST1100 wheels should I be looking for a certain size valve stem?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The angled stems make it so much easier to check tire pressure/add air and they do not need replacement for many years.

Bike
ST1300
I'll be changing the tires soon and I'd like to put in the 87 / 90 degree aluminum stems I've been reading about. For my 2002 ST1100 wheels should I be looking for a certain size valve stem?
I changed mine you'll love them. kevin

OP
OP
Dan T
Bike
2002 ST1100
Well, I got my 90 aluminum stems and I know checking the pressure is going to be so much easier.

OP
OP
Dan T
Bike
2002 ST1100
I actual just got the bike just before winter set in and I think I rode it 3 time. :)

I'm just know replacing the tires, fluids etc before the riding season starts. I have a lot to learn about this bike.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I have a lot to learn about this bike.
I know the feeling. This is the place to learn and get questions answered.

I knew nothing about the bike and bought it because I needed something to get me to MT and other points unknown. It was a Honda and they've been my ride of choice my entire life (except for a dalliance with a Duc) and I bought it without any knowing anything about it or riding one. It was the biggest bike Honda made without being a GoldWing that wasn't a cruiser or sport bike.

Didn't know then what a great choice I made. Came here and started learning a lot. There are a lot of riders (and former owners) who know a lot about the bike and are willing to share. You'll like it here.

I've been looking for a good source of 1 inch rubber valves any recommendations, amazon?
I go to my local O'Reilly Auto Parts (they're all over the US) - they have them in stock.
I get the Xtra Tire Valve, Part# (TR)15-412.
The "412" is the universal designation (you'll usually see them styled as TR-412) for a stem with these measurements - so if you search "412 valve stem", you should get lots of hits.

vs.png

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
I go to my local O'Reilly Auto Parts (they're all over the US) - they have them in stock.
I get the Xtra Tire Valve, Part# (TR)15-412.
The "412" is the universal designation (you'll usually see them styled as TR-412) for a stem with these measurements - so if you search "412 valve stem", you should get lots of hits.

vs.png
Thanks for the info I've been running the same old valves in all my bikes for years and getting paranoiac after chatting with a WeSTOC guy who's valve stem snapped off whilst checking tire pressures, high time I changed all of mine!

Top Bottom